Dewalt 28 Volt Cordless Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt 28 Volt Cordless Tools

Dewalt now has a line of 28 Volt cordless tools on their web site. You can read up more about them here. To me this is just their way of getting after Milwaukee and the V28 series. Dewalt already had 36 Volt cordless tools and 18 Volt tools. They just can't leave well enough alone. My bet is that before long they add some in the 22-26 Volt range as well. Now we really will have far too many different batteries and chargers. GRRRRRRR

http://www.dewalt.com/us/cordless/co...asp?voltage=28

Re: Dewalt 28 Volt Cordless Tools

I don't get what the idea is with the new 28V line personally. But the 28V pack weighs around the same as a 14.4V NiCad, so maybe it's to satisfy the people that want a little more power, and tools, such as a hammerdrill, that end up weighing a little less than NiCad 18V due to the lighter battery. That and it will be a little bit cheaper in price too.

Going after Milwaukee? I doubt it. V28's been out since 2005.

Comment

de worthless sucks and they simply feel if they make enough crap some one will buy it!!

step away from the yellow.......lol
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

There's a pretty big gap between the 18v and 36v group. The 28v group looks like it's aimed at being the next 18v judging by the size and weight. 18v is quicly moving to being the next generation ultra compact group as they keep getitng lighter and smaller. If I were in the market for something in the current 18v weight/size class the 28v stuff would stand out given it's size and weight is practically identical. I would certainly buy that rather than another 18v set.

Comment

DeWalts 36v lineup is being sold as corded replacements. They are just coming out with 18 volt lithiums. There is a pretty big hole between these two lines. I'm sure they did some market research that suggested they needed to fill that void.

Comment

With 18v tools that now weigh less and are smaller than most 12v I think it's becoming pretty apparent that 18v is transitioning towards the compact end of the scale while 24-28v is taking the midrange sweetspot of 18v size and weight.

Comment

Milwaukee has done a nice job filling in the holes as the V28 provide significant power to operate different saws and hammer drills while the V18 provide a cheap upgrade for existing customers (as V18 batteries work with old 18 volt tools). They also just came out with two light weight lithium ion drill/drivers 12 volt and 18 volt. Milwaukee's only weakness is they have yet to come out with a 36 volt line.

If you need 36 volts, Bosch's 36 volt litheon system is much better than De's. It also offers 2 batteries (FatPack and SlimPack) which allow you to use a 36 volt tools as a light weight tool or you can use the FatPack for long battery life.
              Jay
              Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
              Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa_PA
                The right cordless drill is shown in the picture. It holds square and round shanks with it's special 4 jaw chuck. You don't have to keep charging the battery and it hardly ever breaks down. I have one and like it very much. Now if only I could get several people to buy one and help on the bigger jobs... .. It's made by Stanley of England but you can find them here on better woodworking web sites.
                That drill will be around (given good care) longer that most of us will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post
                  Milwaukee has done a nice job filling in the holes as the V28 provide significant power to operate different saws and hammer drills while the V18 provide a cheap upgrade for existing customers (as V18 batteries work with old 18 volt tools). They also just came out with two light weight lithium ion drill/drivers 12 volt and 18 volt. Milwaukee's only weakness is they have yet to come out with a 36 volt line.

If you need 36 volts, Bosch's 36 volt litheon system is much better than De's. It also offers 2 batteries (FatPack and SlimPack) which allow you to use a 36 volt tools as a light weight tool or you can use the FatPack for long battery life.
                  Bosch 36v has very limited availability last time I checked and they only have the most basic tools so far. Given Bosch's reputation I'm not sure I'd go with them if you have any interest in also getting other tools beyond those. Who knows if/when they will ever release them. I haven't seen any reviews on the drills, user or press based, the saws do good on the reviews but the Dewalts still have the lead in power. It's a good group but I don't think I'd go as far as saying it's much better than the Dewalt. The rotary hammer does look like it kicks some serious a$$.

Comment

Bosch is only turning a 6 1/2" blade on their 36V saw. The DC300 has a 7 1/4" blade which takes significantly more muscle to turn which is a testament to the raw power that saw can produce. You can go Bosch Bosch Bosch all you like, but come back and show us 7 1/4" or larger circular saw. 6 1/2" is the easy way out on a cordless circular saw. Anyone can do it, and it's been done a hundred times before Less cutting capacity, fewer and more expensive blades, and you need less power to turn it.

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X