Recommended Power Tool Brands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommended Power Tool Brands

ahhh i see, lol well dig them out and post the make and model on here and trust me some one will know something about them, also if you do do that start another tread just on those saws as it might bet over looked on this thread.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

In regarding to vintage tools or any older ones, I recommend making a thread under "Ask The Power Tool Experts". Some of the older circular saws were really built and may well serve you better than a new one once fixed up some.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
        This is from a post I made earlier:

There are several tiers of tool "quality"....with diminishing returns as you go up....
        just one question, how to classify the brand Bosch and Hilti in your point of view?

Comment

Originally posted by JameZ View Post
          just one question, how to classify the brand Bosch and Hilti in your point of view?
          Alongside the other trade tools like Metabo, Porter-Cable and any others I might have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOrangeCountry View Post
            I am currently studying carpentry in college. My interest in carpentry has really taken off and I want to buy several power tools, but with so many brands out there, I don't know which ones to choose. I want to buy a miter saw, cordless drill, jigsaw, reciprocating saw, and perhaps a circular saw.

Which brands would you recommend I buy in each of these tools? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Matt
            I like to check out the reputable brands: Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Hitachi, ect. Sites that sell tools, like Amazon, are a good place to get info and product reviews on just about any tool out there. You can also download manuals from the manufacturer in most cases. I like to play with the tool on display - you might like the way it 'feels' in your hand over a comparable tool. The switches, levers, weight, balance - you can get a good impression of a tool by how it feels in your hands. I've gone to the store on several occasions with my mind set on a particular tool only to get something else because of this.

Originally posted by Akita View Post
            Milwaukee is king of the reciprocating saw and makes great drills too!
            I wanted the super sawzall and meant to buy it today, it is one rugged tool in every aspect (well, almost). I noticed the trigger on the new ones were so cheap looking, it looked as though it might break if I squeezed it too hard. It was so out of place compared to the rest of the tool. I don't like the removable power cords either. Those small pins in the receptacle tend to loosen and you end up 'jiggling the cord' to get any use out of them.

I ended up getting the Ridgid R3020. She's one sweet lookin' tool. It's orange too. It's too bad it didn't come with a hard case.

Comment

for the cordless drill get a 18v dewalt you will never regret it. jigsaw, dewalt circular saw, worm drive ridgid sawzall milwaukee or dewalt miter saw bosch or dewalt

Comment

Working...
              X