Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch Impact Wrench

Check this out. Like Makita, Bosch has released 18V impact wrench:

http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54698&I=80679

This must be the month for 18V impact wrenches!

Re: Bosch Impact Wrench

Unfortunately, it looks to have Bosch's "Bluecore" NiCads...vs. Lithium. Bosch, hasn't even announced "Litheon" for this voltage yet...just the 36 volt tools and their small 10.8 volt tools.

Comment

I haven't seen any sign of Bosch coming out with a Li Ion 18V battery yet. They've taken soooo long to come out with the rest of their 36V tools. For the longest time it was just the hammerdrill, drill/driver, and rotary hammer.

Comment

Sceeter

I think Bosch may be holding back trying not to goof things up and have to issue a recall or such. They have loads of $$$ now so they don't need to come out and go after Dewalt/Porter-Cable or TTI. There are new things in the working in batteries and also smarter chargers. Bosch may want to really try hard to do it right the first time. I would try to hang in there and see what comes out in 2008.

Comment

A recall? Who of the first companies out with lithium ion power tools have had to issue a recall on the batteries?

Comment

Bosch is usually rather slow when it comes to cordless. Their 18v lineup is really small and they're realeasing this wrench when most other manufacturers are moving their equivalent models towards the "obsolete" end on the line. I'm sure the success of the 10.8v litheon more than compensates for the limited lineup and late releases but I don't think it's a good idea for them to keep lagging behind for this long. Cordless keeps growing faster and faster and every new upgrade in technology keeps creeping up on corded territory. No one can really afford to be left behind in the cordless market. I don't know how Bosch can get it any more right given that Makita, Dewalt, and Milwaukee keep getting a firmer foothold on that market with very large linups that are widely available and no substantial problems to speak off.

Comment

Working...
            X