Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when do you use a 3/8ths corded drill?

Akita

Send it to "The Drill Doctor" and be rid of the POC keyless chuck. My bet is you have a replacement around in your collection of good junk. Left = 6408 / Right = 6407 ... Same drill but different chucks. The 6407 has an El Cheepo keyed chuck but The Drill Doctor can install a good keyed chuck on it. Maybe a Jacobs semi industrial or a Rohm from Germany.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I only have 2 3/8 drills and old craftsman I lost the key to long ago and a dewalt right angle.The craftsman stirs paint as thats whats in it.The dewalt rarely ever gets used except in tight spots.I have an antique 1/4 thor with a thumb switch..yes its not a trigger type you thumb it off and on..that thing just won't die.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
        I only have 2 3/8 drills and old craftsman I lost the key to long ago and a dewalt right angle.The craftsman stirs paint as thats whats in it.The dewalt rarely ever gets used except in tight spots.I have an antique 1/4 thor with a thumb switch..yes its not a trigger type you thumb it off and on..that thing just won't die.
        Sam
        threecreeks3

Please try inserting the shank end of twist drills into the pilot pin holes of the chuck on the Craftsman and then post the size that fits. I bet I can look up which chuck key(s) should fit that chuck.

Maybe this will help someone looking for a chuck key.
        http://www.jacobschuck.com/images/pr.../accessory.pdf
        Last edited by Woussko; 11-12-2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

threecreeks3,I rarely will comment on one's tool choices but if your DeWalt Rt angle is the DW-130 then god bless you!!!!That drill has no variable and no reverse. To top it off,when I had one(gave it to my father in law and replaced it w/ the bosch 1132)it ran really hot!!!
          You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Man, you guys got me thinking on Drills.

I got the following:
            1. Dewalt 3/8 corded (New, still in box, never opened) Dont know why??
            2. Ridgid 3/8 corded (used a few times) bought it the same day as the dewalt with intentions of returning the one I did not like, but never tried out the dewalt
            3. Milwaukee - Hole Hawg, big right angle beast.
            4. Milwaukee - 1/2 in hammer drill
            5. Dewalt 18 volt cordless
            6. Two makita 14.4 volt cordless sets with the impact and flashlight( One set is new and never opened) Bought two at same time to give one as birthday present to my brother, only to find out he already bought one before.
            7. Craftsman 1/2 inch very old. housing appears to be stainless steel with a "D" handle, weighs a ton and will try to kill you if it stalls.
            I do find myself using a corded drill quite often depending on the project and where I am at.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
              Two makita 14.4 volt cordless sets with the impact and flashlight( One set is new and never opened) Bought two at same time to give one as birthday present to my brother, only to find out he already bought one before.

hey just in time my brithday is coming up pm me and i'll give you my adress
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I must admit, that since I started using that, my 18 volt stuff is pretty much collecting dust. I cant say enough about that drill and driver and the flashlight is great too.

Regards,

Comment

Quite a colection. I have a Craftsman 16.8 that the battery is starting to lose its run time.
                  Then theres an old Makita 9.6 volt that afriend gave me for helping him move-It was left in his shed by a previous owner.
                  2 makita 14.4s- a 6336 and a 3 speed 6339 MXT
                  Corded Milwaukee 7 amp 1/2 inch drill 0299-20
                  Corded Milwaukee angle drill 7.5 amp, 3 speed
                  Corded 3/8th Craftsman Industrial, 4 amps.
                  Corded 3/8th Black and Decker Quantum Pro 4 amps.
                  Corded 1/2 inch Black and Decker Quantum Pro Hammer Drill 5 amps.
                  Corded Ridgid Hammer Drill 5010-Pulse and Keyless Chuck
                  Corded Rockwell 3/8ths drill- Steel body, no reverse

Comment

Yeah, but after seeing what I typed, I could stand to loose a couple of them. just seems like a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Akita View Post
                      threecreeks3,I rarely will comment on one's tool choices but if your DeWalt Rt angle is the DW-130 then god bless you!!!!That drill has no variable and no reverse. To top it off,when I had one(gave it to my father in law and replaced it w/ the bosch 1132)it ran really hot!!!
                      LOL Agreed but for a few dozen holes a year its fine.I don't really like it either.Its doubtful I'll ever wear it out at the rate I need a tight quarters drill.I had tried the milwaukee long ago and didn't like it either.This was cheap at the time I bought it
                      Sam

Comment

[quote=Woussko;103732]threecreeks3

Please try inserting the shank end of twist drills into the pilot pin holes of the chuck on the Craftsman and then post the size that fits. I bet I can look up which chuck key(s) should fit that chuck.

Thanks Woussko..That drill is old, the variable is now iffy till fully on the brushes are shot too and besides its another drill I never much liked..for a3/8 its huge and way over powered.Its only used to stir paint and looks it from a long time of only stirring paint.Maybe when it finally dies I'll bury it and plant a flower on top lol.
                        Thanks for the offer guy
                        Sam

Comment

Working...
                        X