X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact driver BIT set?

Does anyone know of some good Bit brands? Im actually having a kinda hard time finding which brands are the top ones online.

I want to get some real nice high quality bits for my impact driver, as i've shattered most my others lol. If you know of any nice quality sets, that would be nice. I wanna get philips sets, square head, hex head, ect.

And beyond that, bits that "work" really well too. Ive been relying on a cheap 5 buck set of dewalt philips screw bits, and im about ready to pull my hair out with how bad they grip.

They only brand i heard people say is really good is Festool, but i didnt see any bits specifically impact rated?

Re: Impact driver BIT set?

I like the Bosche set I purchased at Lowe's for $20. Use them with my MaxSelect impact alot and haven't shattered any or rounded the square head which was common with the cheap B&D I had. The philips even have cute little chevrons that look like that should help hold the bit in the screw. Don't know id they actually help, however they sure look cool........

Comment

I just bought the dewalt impact "ready" set from amazon. It has only phillips bits but they are pretty good. I have not had one shatter yet, though I have only been using em for just over a week, and they are much better at gripping than the regular dewalt bits you get in the tic tac boxes.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW2169-...4668134&sr=8-1
      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Go to www.mcfeely's.com

Then look at their Apex impact driver bits
        For example part number HHS-0234 ball drive 3 1/2" long #2 sq drive $2.20

I used a myriad of bits from DEwalt to Harbor freight..and I have found the Apex line of bits superior

Mcfeely's also carries a large assortment of other bits ..pozidrive, torx, hex [Allen] slot etc.

Cactus Man

Comment

I totally agree with cactusman. Those Apex bits from McFeely's are the best I've been able to find.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I really prefer to purchase these items locally ... AND .... HD has my favorite;
            Milwaukee 48-32-1500 for ~$30. You can find many on-line listing for ~$25.
            HGTV Pro reviewed this set and was very positive about it.

http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/np_edito...603400,00.html

My experience is mainly Phillips drivers and so far so good.

Comment

If you really want to look into APEX which are as good as they come, check out what a good industrial tool supplier has. Also check the APEX catalog. They have some wild tools for sure. Cooper Industries the parent of Apex has all manor of power driver and impact driver tools.

APEX full line catalog in Acrobat form. This is a big catalog so give it time to load. One good look and you'll be blown away with all the have in it.
              http://www.cooperpowertools.com/cata.../TC-100_EN.pdf
              Last edited by Woussko; 11-13-2007, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Darn you woussko! I haven't even opened that link yet and I can already feel my wallet getting lighter!!!!
                A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Another vote here for the McFeely's/Apex bits. I have found Hilti bits work well too, but they only make a philips bit.

Comment

I agree with the Apex bits. When I used to work for a major transport truck manufacturer, those bits were the cream of the crop to get to use in our impact drivers on the production line. They really withstand quite a beating. On my particular job, using those bits with a Makita impact driver set at a torque of around 460 in/lbs to drive in my screws for my assembly process, those bits would last me around a week and a half each. That worked out to about 7500 screws for my job, on average, for one of those bits. Never really thought about it before, but any other kind of bit besides those Apex bits would only last about half of that.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                      Go to www.mcfeely's.com

Then look at their Apex impact driver bits
                      For example part number HHS-0234 ball drive 3 1/2" long #2 sq drive $2.20

I used a myriad of bits from DEwalt to Harbor freight..and I have found the Apex line of bits superior

Mcfeely's also carries a large assortment of other bits ..pozidrive, torx, hex [Allen] slot etc.

Cactus Man

That link is a bit off. This will take you to their homepage:

http://www.mcfeelys.com/?src=M7GLMCF...FSBMGgodgl8UCg

Comment

Working...
                      X