X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best reciprocating saw

I have a Milwaukee 11 Amp w/orbital action and counterbalance, keyless blade change and shoe adjustment, as well as 2 Industrial Craftsmans that I suspect are Dewalts in lineage. These saws are only 6.5 amps, but they are lightweight, have 2 speeds, Hex key blade clamp, fixed shoe, and are cheap enough that I will torture them mercilessly!
    I like what I have heard about the new AVT Makita(15 amp, orbital and counterbalanced) I was wondering what saws you guys use and what you think of them?

Re: Best reciprocating saw

Milwaukee is the king and always will be, thou i have a craps man industal that i can't kill it has to be 20+ years old by now
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Milwaukee. Period.

Comment

OSC

I bet your Crapsman is an old Black & Decker industrial CUTSAW like I used to have. It did lots of hard work. Then one day it died a tragic death when it fell a good 15 feet on to a sidewalk and broke apart. The End

Comment

Dewalt 18v cordless. I have the newer model where the blade can be positioned in 4 different ways. I remember when I first got started doing AC when I was 17, I cut a boiler in half with a milwaukee so I'll 4th that notion on them being good.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I prefer Milwaukee, Milwaukee and Milwaukee.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For me it's the real thing Milwaukee Sawzall or none. With that said, I know someone that has a Bosch R515 corded and he really likes it. Some models by Porter-Cable have had great reviews, but I'm staying with Big Red.

Comment

Cordless: Dewalt 18V - 4 positions for blade & adjustable/removable shoe.

Corded: http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=11642

Although not orbital, the features on this sawzall makes it a lot easier to hack in a tight area. The photos don't do justice on how contorted this sawzall can be.

Tracy
                sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

That model of Porter-Cable Tiger Saw is very handy. If people play the demo video they should get the idea of what it can do.

Comment

Dewalt 10 amp tailed, 4 position keyless blade.
                    Cheers! - Jim
                    -------------
                    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I've got a corded PC Tiger. It's strong and heavy. Milwaukee is usually considered the best, but I learned that after buying the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
                        Cordless: Dewalt 18V - 4 positions for blade & adjustable/removable shoe.

Corded: http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=11642

Although not orbital, the features on this sawzall makes it a lot easier to hack in a tight area. The photos don't do justice on how contorted this sawzall can be.

Tracy
                        I owned one of these as well.Bought it for a new three hundred unit apartment complex.Figured it would pay for itself cutting into TJI's that were 12" on center.It was not all that.Especially for the extra price.

It was stolen a few weeks later.

As your primary saw you will find it to be very heavy and bulky to use for everyday use.Also the articulating head adds so much overall length it needs to be adjusted more than one would think.Impresses the guys on the job though.

I use JBergstroms and Junkie's corded Dewalt.$100.00,light,compact,strong,quick change head and the 4 way blade setting is used very frequently

Comment

I like my Dewalt 36v recip saw. No fancy features,but it cuts fast and it dosent lose rpms under load. It is only a bit heavier than my Makita 18v recip. The 36v runs circles around 18v. I think Dewalt has cove very close to matching cordeds performance.

Comment

Don't laugh, but I have a 6amp ryobi that I have beaten the he** out of for 5 years and the damn thing won't quit. I also have a ridgid 18v cordless recip and one of my sons has the 24v cordless recip....that saw has some real guts!
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                            X