X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate trimmer use

I'm an old, one handed arthritic who bought a R2400 laminate trimmer because it's small and light enough for me to hold onto. Are there template bushings that can be used with this little tool? I can think of many ways that I could put such an arrangement to use. Thanx in advance for any advice.
    Russ.

Re: Laminate trimmer use

Originally posted by Russ Blamire View Post
    I'm an old, one handed arthritic who bought a R2400 laminate trimmer because it's small and light enough for me to hold onto. Are there template bushings that can be used with this little tool? I can think of many ways that I could put such an arrangement to use. Thanx in advance for any advice.
    Russ.
    yes

Comment

Re: Laminate trimmer use

Russ,
      I don't think the Ridgid laminate trimmer accepts threaded bushings like their full sized router does. I did see the new Craftsman trim router and it does accept threaded bushings. This may be right up your alley, and it comes with a two handled sub base as well. I was able to handle one in the store and it looks/feels sturdy enough for all but the worst abuse. Nice big 6.5 amp motor too. I may try one for myself. I have a Bosch Colt and like it but the Craftsman looks to have some nice extra features. If you like the Craftsman, you can return the Ridgid if you are w/in the 90 day satisfaction period.

here is the link for the Craftsman:
      http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...minate+trimmer

Ern

Comment

Working...
      X