X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R5010 keyless chuck

Is the chuck on this drill prone to locking up? I find myself constantly using two pairs of pliers to get the jaws to open, esp. after using it in hammer mode with a large bit.

Re: R5010 keyless chuck

my 24 volt i had replace 2 time the repair shop put a roybi chuck on it much better

Comment

Re: R5010 keyless chuck

Originally posted by bubbajames View Post
      Is the chuck on this drill prone to locking up? I find myself constantly using two pairs of pliers to get the jaws to open, esp. after using it in hammer mode with a large bit.
      I don't know what the R5010 is, however I was told that with the new style ratcheting chuck you should not POWER it closed like we have all done for years. My newphew was doing that with his DeWalt and it broke. When he took it to the repair shop they asked him if he had been powering it closed and told him that if he continued it would break again.
      With my 24V and 18V drills with the ratcheting clutch I have been powering them until the jaws start to tighten and then hand tighten the rest of the way. Ten months with the 24 and no problems so far.

Comment

Working...
      X