Best battery recip saw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best battery recip saw?

Im wondering what everyone feels to be the best battery recip saw? I would assume either the milwaukee v28 or the dewalt 36volt one?

I was told too though that a orbital recip saw is much better than a normal recip. Do they make any orbital recip saws for battery? i didnt see any?

Re: Best battery recip saw?

This isn't the best in terms of power or being a super duty model but it sure is handy. Please have a look. For the DIY this one should hold up pretty well.
    http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba..._192148_192137

Comment

I own that!!!!!I second Woussko!!!!!!!
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

My recent work on this topic disclosed an issue involving the drive systems and 'clutch' mechanism on mid-to-upper models (especially Milwaukee .. the one on their 0920-24 Kit). Many lower cost models do not have the clutch and can damage the motor, etc., if the saw binds. The clutch versions are purported to protect this damage.
        I cannot attest to this but did speak with telephone contact people for several suppliers. FWIW .........

Tom B

Comment

milwaukee v28

Comment

Originally posted by doubtingtom View Post
            My recent work on this topic disclosed an issue involving the drive systems and 'clutch' mechanism on mid-to-upper models (especially Milwaukee .. the one on their 0920-24 Kit). Many lower cost models do not have the clutch and can damage the motor, etc., if the saw binds. The clutch versions are purported to protect this damage.
            I cannot attest to this but did speak with telephone contact people for several suppliers. FWIW .........

Tom B
            So who has clutches and who doesn't.

So far I'm pretty satisfied with the Ridgid 24xli reciprocating saw. It isn't perfect....but powerful, low vibration (mostly due to how heavy it is) and well balanced.

The one issue I've run into is the adjustable shoe lock vibrates loose. When this happens it can pop off and you can lose the center pin. Luckily I found it. A velcro wrap over the lockdown lever worked to fix that issue. It only adds another couple seconds to change the shoe so it wasn't a big deal.

I'd like to see someone build a reciprocating saw with a worklight built in. Sometimes you are working in tight spaces....like cutting away an old outlet inside a wall, and it would be nice to have light in there to see what you were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
              I'd like to see someone build a reciprocating saw with a worklight built in. Sometimes you are working in tight spaces....like cutting away an old outlet inside a wall, and it would be nice to have light in there to see what you were doing.

that is an great idea you need to say that to josh, or proband.
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Makita has worklights on theirs.

Comment

Duct tape a flashlight to it

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                    Duct tape a flashlight to it

that is an great idea you need to say that to josh, or proband.
                    smart a$$
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I like the Dewalt 18v with the 4 way blade setup. I like the Dewalt 18V because it has so many tools that complement that battery. I use my tools all day and the 18v is more than enough power for me.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Seriously, tool manufacturers should integrate Picatinny rails on drills and reciprocating saws so you can mount tactical lights and accessories on them!

Comment

i have the older dewalt 18v and love the weight and power .
                          a co worker has a 18v ridgid and he would rather use mine ,his is heavy and has lower rpm's .
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                          X