Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

SKIL HD77 gets updated

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SKIL HD77 gets updated

    The famous SKIL model HD77 worn drive circular saw is being discontinued soon in favor of the new and updated model SHD77. There are 3 changes I can see. The new one comes with a saw hook, has a 15Amp rather than 13 Amp motor and the new saw comes with a 24 tooth carbide tipped blade in place of the all steel blade on the HD77. I bet we will see some good prices on the HD77 and being a proven model that's good for us. If the pricing ends up about the same, I might go with the newer SHD77 as you won't have to replace the blade just to do any serious cutting and having a bit more power won't hurt. My thinking is that they are taking the Bosch worm drive saw and fixing it to look like the SKIL. Both are very similar with Bosch owning Skil now.

    Bosch 1677M - http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54930&I=55119

    Skil SHD77 & SHD77M - http://www.skiltools.com/en/AllTools...tml?cid=192162
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-12-2007, 03:34 PM.

  • #2
    Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

    Probably some 'mixed' inventory too ! .... Picked up an HD77M (Magnesium), 13 amp, nice large bag, new in box, at HD for $129. Called Skil and they sent me a skyhook. Love those great deals!

    Tom B

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

      I love the HD77. I put those saws through hell and back and they by far out last the other saws Ive had, and Ive had them all.
      Great tool. I will be interested in seeing how the new one does.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

        Lowes is clearing out the HD77 for $75!!! I almost bought one but don't have the need for a worm drive saw...just don't do enough heavy cutting and prefer a lighter saw. My local Lowes had half a dozen of them at that price.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

          $75 new in the box? That's almost giving them away.

          I would grab all they will let you and store them for a year or two. Then you should be able to sell them as "Skil HD77 The Classic Worm Drive Circular Saw" for over $125 on flea bay if you can work up a really sharp listing for them.

          I wish the Lowes here had such good deals. That's if you aren't just B S-ing away there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

            Originally posted by Disaster View Post
            Lowes is clearing out the HD77 for $75!!! I almost bought one but don't have the need for a worm drive saw...just don't do enough heavy cutting and prefer a lighter saw. My local Lowes had half a dozen of them at that price.
            Which Lowe's are you refering to? I couldn't find that price here. I have friends in that area that might be able to snag one for me.
            Thanks...Ray

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

              Lowes in Pontiac, Michigan, on Telegraph. Only one left when I stopped in today to pick up Driveway DeIcer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                .....you should be able to sell them as "Skil HD77 The Classic Worm Drive Circular Saw" for over $125 on flea bay.....
                Thought about that but did a quick search. Someone is selling them for $120 buy-it-now and another listing went for only $85. Hardly worth it considering it would be $80 with tax.

                P.S. I'm not sure how Lowes decides what to put on clearance from store to store. It varies. For example the store in Pontiac was clearing out LED flashlights for $7. Two weeks later they were still $13 at the store in Southfield. Also, the store in Pontiac was clearing out the Skil Lithium drill/drivers for $23....never saw them on clearance at any other store. I asked at the Southfield store and they said it was up to the store manager what he decides to clearance.
                Last edited by Disaster; 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                  Hmmmmmm

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                    Can someone please scan a copy of their receipt so that we can take it to our Lowes stores and have them price match it. I checked at mine today and they were still going for $170. They should price match it from store to store...

                    PM if you got one, Thanks. This would make my Dad a great X-mas, gift.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                      Originally posted by automobiliben View Post
                      Can someone please scan a copy of their receipt so that we can take it to our Lowes stores and have them price match it. I checked at mine today and they were still going for $170. They should price match it from store to store...

                      PM if you got one, Thanks. This would make my Dad a great X-mas, gift.
                      Have you ever tried that before? The Southfield store wouldn't pricematch the Pontiac store....though I didn't have a receipt they could have easily checked by calling.

                      By the way, the boxes I saw had original price tags of either $139 or $159. Looks like they were working their way down in price before this final markdown.
                      Last edited by Disaster; 12-17-2007, 11:00 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                        Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                        The famous SKIL model HD77 worn drive circular saw is being discontinued soon in favor of the new and updated model SHD77. There are 3 changes I can see. The new one comes with a saw hook, has a 15Amp rather than 13 Amp motor and the new saw comes with a 24 tooth carbide tipped blade in place of the all steel blade on the HD77. I bet we will see some good prices on the HD77 and being a proven model that's good for us. If the pricing ends up about the same, I might go with the newer SHD77 as you won't have to replace the blade just to do any serious cutting and having a bit more power won't hurt. My thinking is that they are taking the Bosch worm drive saw and fixing it to look like the SKIL. Both are very similar with Bosch owning Skil now.

                        Bosch 1677M - http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54930&I=55119

                        Skil SHD77 & SHD77M - http://www.skiltools.com/en/AllTools...tml?cid=192162

                        Don't forget, it's also no longer made in USA

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                          Originally posted by l_bilyk View Post
                          Don't forget, it's also no longer made in USA
                          It says on the box "assembled in China. Blade made in US or China." But it doesn't mention where everything else was made....strange.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                            Assembled in china means made in china. I've said it on woodnet and i'll say it here, it's pretty sad to see the saw that built America being made offshore

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: SKIL HD77 gets updated

                              Looks like I need to take a look at the Bosch to see where it's assembled-made and I bet the new ones are also from China. Anymore it seems that very very few things aren't made over there using child slave labor.

                              With that in mind the older SKIL HD77 with USA on them will become valuable tools.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X