X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v Battery Differances

I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea on the life expectancy and run time of the these 3 18v Rigid batteries. A few years ago I purchased a drill combo kit with 2 18v Max HC batteries but lost on a few months ago. Went to purchase an 18v MAX 2.5 battery twin pack yesterday for $89.99 and noticed the 18v Drill with 2 standard batteries on sale for $99.00. I what the heck pay 10 more dollars and get another drill while I was at it. I generally use my drills around the house and the occasion deck/shed building projects.

What are some of the differences between the 18v Standard/ Max HC/ Max 2.5 and are they warranted?

Thanks in advance to all my fellow Rigid tool connoisseurs…

Re: 18v Battery Differances

I was told ... Max 2.5 (2.5AHr), Max HC (1.9 AHr), 'Std' (1.4 AHR). Can't verify, but this is what I have made my choices on. The 18v @ $99. seems like a terrific buy! ..... given the option for LSA which covers exposure on the batts. I just grabbed a 14.4v with (2) Max 2.5 batts for $129. less 10% (Vets Day discount). I took forever to choose but have another 14.4v tool to share the batts with.

Comment

Originally posted by doubtingtom View Post
      I was told ... Max 2.5 (2.5AHr), Max HC (1.9 AHr), 'Std' (1.4 AHR). Can't verify, but this is what I have made my choices on.
      Thats what I thought as well.

Comment

Originally posted by doubtingtom View Post
        I was told ... Max 2.5 (2.5AHr), Max HC (1.9 AHr), 'Std' (1.4 AHR).

What exactly does AHr rating stand for and mean? More power or does it mean the length of time the battery holds its charge while in use?

Comment

amp hour, longer run times
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
          X