Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid corless jigsaw..to match my batteries..help!!!

Hello everyone. I'm new to Ridgid. So far no complaints. Best corldless drill I've ever onwed. I usually buy cheap Canadian Tire stuff...(in Canada only)(
    Any way.

I recently purchased a combo pack. 18 volt cordless drill ( part no. R840011) that came with charger and two batteries.

I'd like to buy a seperate cordless jigsaw to match my two existing batteries (part no. 130252004)

Howver I'm having difficulty trying to figure if it's even possible. The only ones I see are ones available in combo packs..
    I've found 2 serperat Ridgid jigsaws...the R883 and rhe R8433, both are 18 volt.Howver I'm not sure if they'll match up...
    Which jigsaw should I be looking for?
    Does Ridgid even sell these jigsaws seperately?

Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Re: Ridgid corless jigsaw..to match my batteries..help!!!

The Ridgid MaxSelect jigsaw is what you are looking for (I believe it's the R883). That jigsaw will work with any 18volt or 24 volt battery systems of Ridgid's. That is the only way to purchase a Ridgid jigsaw separately from a kit, and still have a valid purchase for the LLSA. The other option would be through eBay.

Comment

Your fellow countryman hit it on the head. The R883 is the MaxSelect and will work with any of the 18V or 24V batteries. It is sold in the US as a stand alone product for $119 at Home Depot. Don't know how they do it in the cold, dark north. I use it alot and have found it to be a very good jobsite saw. It has good power. The blade insert in the chuck requires a short learning process. I wish it had a trigger lock for scroll cutting. Oh well, maybe with the update.

Comment

well, I've just confirmed what you both told me...
        I literally walked into home depot with my battery and clicked it into to the R8433(yes, a R8433) that was on display and that is sold as a kit with a hammer drill.... it worked fine... and so did the drill....

Apparently the jigsaw isnt' sold as a seperate item up here....So it's either I drive to the States (2hours) or ...ebay...
        I"ve also seen the R883 on ebay...not sure what the difference in both the R883 and R8433 is..the R883 might be the American one...
        Thanks guys!
        Last edited by sledlen; 11-14-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

The R8433 is 18v only. The R883 is the Max Select version which will work with the 18v and 24v batteries.

Comment

I do believe the R8433 (18volt only version) isn't sold as a solo item anymore, either in the US or Canada. The only solo option is the MaxSelect one.

Comment

Originally posted by sledlen View Post
              well, I've just confirmed what you both told me...
              I literally walked into home depot with my battery and clicked it into to the R8433(yes, a R8433) that was on display and that is sold as a kit with a hammer drill.... it worked fine... and so did the drill....

Apparently the jigsaw isnt' sold as a seperate item up here....So it's either I drive to the States (2hours) or ...ebay...
              I"ve also seen the R883 on ebay...not sure what the difference in both the R883 and R8433 is..the R883 might be the American one...
              Thanks guys!
              sledlen-

Have your local HD look up the R883. See if they can order one in for you. It's pretty standard stock here in Cowtown. I've got one, works great with my 18v batteries. Doesn't seem to like some of my Bosch jigsaw blades though...

Comment

I'll see if they can special order me the R883
                they guy working behind the corner at my local HD was a little ....to put it nicely.....elderly and out of the loop....

Comment

Well, it looks like it' s ebay for me.
                  I called every HD in Winnipeg. Ther is only one R883 left. It's a display model, it's used, and it has some parts missing. No dust cap/(clear pastic) no box, no manual....
                  just the saw...that's it...and they want $60 for it.

They' can't order it in either...
                  For $60 I can get one new on ebay that's new...
                  I dont' get it...if the product is that popular...why not keep stocking the stores?

Comment

Working...
                  X