Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone used the Dewalt 18v. rt. angle drill?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used the Dewalt 18v. rt. angle drill?

I am considering this for x-mas but wanted some user feedback first. Thanks.

Re: has anyone used the Dewalt 18v. rt. angle drill?

Please as best you can tell us what you have in mind using it for. What materials, how many and what size holes and how tight of a work area you have to deal with. The more info the better. There are other cordless right angle drills and one might serve your needs better. I will beg that you do NOT consider the Dewalt corded right angle drill. Next to others it will bring about anyone to cussing and swearing at it.
    This is the bad dog of all corded right angle name brand drills.
    http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...p?productID=25

Their larger corded RA drills are pretty good. I haven't yet tried the cordless but hopefully someone else has. If you need a cordless one that's got some serious guts, look at the Milwaukee V28 RA drill but it doesn't come cheap.

Comment

I have had mine for a few years. Very good low end torque. With the nicad battery its a bit
      bottom heavy. Dewalt makes lower voltage angle drills that are better balanced.

Comment

I have the 18v right angle drill. Its a bit weird in terms of ergonomics since its designed to be held at any point alont the body as needed but that's not so important since this is not a tool that gets used that frequently. When you need it, you need it as it can fit in some really tight spaces no other drill can. Power is pretty decent for a compact RA drill. Definately a nice tool to have around.

Comment

I've got the 12 v version, as mentioned above, not used that often, maybe 5 times in the 2 1/2 years i've had it. when i have needed it though it worked really well.

Comment

I have one and it works well good power and works well in fairly tight places, (may need to cut or find short bits on real tight places), but it is not in my opinion a general purpose dill, one day the other 18 volt drill was out some where, and all I had was the angle drill and it not the best for general drilling tho it worked.

I personally think the switch design should be improved, it would have been nice if it had been a rocking switch with forward on one end and reverse on the other, but it works, like said the ergonomics of it is odd, and I think a little clumsy to use but as a machine it is a good unit. (I did not like the placement of the reverse switch).
            I have only used one other small cored RA drill, and so I have little to compare it to.

In the past I had use a little RA attachment for no more than I needed one, but my SIL some how made off with that, and so I replaced it with the Dewalt 18 volt drill. It is kinda like there not worth much until you need one and then they are priceless.

I would buy it again if I was in the market for one,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajames View Post
              I am considering this for x-mas but wanted some user feedback first. Thanks.

Works great for light drilling in tight spots.

Tracy
              sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

A right angle drill is something, at least for me, that doesn't get used often...but is nice to have when you need it. I've used mine maybe a half dozen times...mostly for drilling through hard to reach studs when adding wiring. I use an inexpensive Ryobi One+ and it has worked fine for the little I've used it.

Comment

Working...
                X