Table Saw Price Drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Price Drop

I noticed that THD dropped the price of the portable table saw by $150 for this Thanksgiving weekend. I'm thinking this is a good thing as I was planning on purchasing buying it at the higher price anyway. But just wanted to see if there were any "too good to be true" opinions out there. Opinions such as "new and much better model coming out", "new Bosch saw is that much better" etc. tks.

Re: Table Saw Price Drop

No sign of discount on router though

Comment

A $150 discount on a good portable jobsite saw seems like a good value to me. Speculation - riving knives are going to be mandated soon, so there may be a new TS2400 coming out with one, but IMO a RK is not worth $150....

The new Bosch is over $500. It may be wonderful but it still suffers from the same physical limitations as any jobsite saw...small table surface area, lack of mass, noise, longevity, etc. $500 buys me a full size cast iron saw. If you make your living with a jobsite saw, the added cost might be merited but for an amateur who just needs to stow their saw out of the way, the discounted TS2400 has never looked more attractive IMHO.

Comment

Was this price drop in-store or internet?

Comment

in store tomarrow
          Last edited by oldslowchevy; 11-22-2007, 01:32 PM.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I picked mine up this morning. The $50 of $250+ coupon worked, so it ended up $249 plus tax. The store had 4 that I could see. Everyone was lined up at the main entrance out in the cold so I waited in my warm truck at the contractor's entrance where all the carts are kept. I got in and got out.

Comment

Just a ploy to get you into the store to buy other items.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                Just a ploy to get you into the store to buy other items.

that may be true but that is still one heck of a deal
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Oh I agree it WAS a heck of a deal. Our store started with 10 this morning. Within 20 minutes 8 were gone.

Retailers do that for Black Friday to get you into the store, or away from the competition, and while your there, you might as well pick up other things too (which arent on extreme special price) They took a hit on those saws Im sure

Comment

I debated this saw all night....woke up this morning ready to go at 6AM and decided against it. DIdnt think I needed it that badly.

7:30AM I had a change of heart, went to our local HD and was pleasantly surprised to see it was not busy at all. Walked in with a flat cart/truck, located my saw and paid for it. In and out in 10 minutes.

Didnt get tempted to buy those *other* things that werent 40% off My new saw is sitting in my truck until I can get lifting assistance.

-Chris

Comment

i can't belive your not putting it together right there in the back of your truck. lol other then the fact it is probly something 35-40 degrees up your way.
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Heh, I thought about it!! Figured if I assemble it in the bed, it might make it easier to take out and store

Tonight Ill bring it to the workshop and start assembling/calibrating it.

BTW just went back to HD to get 12 months 0% financing applied to the purchase (had a coupon).....there were 4 saws when I got mine, now there is only 1. Really surprised there are any left, but maybe our HD just isnt too busy (and I guess it being right next to a walmart might help those that want deals at HD.....everyone is distracted by cheap DVD players at Walmart!)

-Chris

Comment

I just want to say I'm upset with the whole thing. I've had this saw listed on my watch list at THD to be notified if it went on sale. I wasn't! I found out late last night and got up early to get one but every store was sold out(at least 10 in a 50 mile radius). Tha first store I went to said they didn't even have any before the sale. So all the stores are sold out and there are none in warehouses to be shipped from online orders. Talk about customer dissatifaction! No way to gat a raincheck either. Anyways, been nice venting.

Comment

Id keep checking the website.....I noticed on Thanksgiving night the saw was in stock, out of stock, then back in, etc.

Also, Id go to a few local stores and make absolutely sure they dont have any. Youd be surprised what can be found in the overhead storage racks! Thats how I got my 5 pc cordless kit that 4 HDs insisted they didnt have. One of them actually had 2 kits even though the computer showed zero!

-Chris

Comment

i got mine and with out a gun

Comment

Working...
                              X