X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Is It Enough?

Just got the Home Depot flyer for tomorrow and there's an awful lot of stuff in there I could do without but at those prices they seem like a steal. I bought the new 18volt Ryobi lithium drill combo with flashlight, 2 batteries and workilght for $160.00 a couple of weeks ago. Then I sold my old Ryobi drill, circular saw, vacuum cleaner, 2 nicads and charger to a buddy for $50.00. Now H/D has a four piece combo for $59? How do I pass up another drill, saw, battery+++ for only $59? Then there's the three Husky LED flashlights for $5, come on only five bucks for three LED flashlights? I got to get them.42 piece Dewalt drilling and driving set for $10. Maybe this is a sign of desperation and prices will continue to fall?

Re: When Is It Enough?

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Just got the Home Depot flyer for tomorrow and there's an awful lot of stuff in there I could do without but at those prices they seem like a steal. I bought the new 18volt Ryobi lithium drill combo with flashlight, 2 batteries and workilght for $160.00 a couple of weeks ago. Then I sold my old Ryobi drill, circular saw, vacuum cleaner, 2 nicads and charger to a buddy for $50.00. Now H/D has a four piece combo for $59? How do I pass up another drill, saw, battery+++ for only $59? Then there's the three Husky LED flashlights for $5, come on only five bucks for three LED flashlights? I got to get them.42 piece Dewalt drilling and driving set for $10. Maybe this is a sign of desperation and prices will continue to fall?
    Alot of the items you see in the Black Friday ad Home Depot (and all other retailers) are taking a hit on. I looked up the price that it costs the store for the Ridgid Shop Vac that is on sale for $29 and they cost the store $37. Retailers do that to get you into the store, or more honestly, to keep you from the competition. They realize the early morning frenzy is when people spend the most and they want you spending it at their store. They figure that since they have you there for the cheap stuff, you will probably pick up some of the other items so you dont have to keep running around. Im sure they dislike the people who just come in for the doorbusters and leave.

The DeWalt set isnt that impressive really either. I could use the stuff, and if its there when I stop in I will pick 2 up. Then I will have to spend the rest of my shift explaining that we are out of this or that item, but we had 150 of them at 6:00 am
    Last edited by Orange Apron; 11-23-2007, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I got my $19 Ryobi bench grinder today too... and a deep fryer for $29 I almost bought the $59 hot dog compressor but I probably would have ended up in the fryer when I got home.

Ern

Comment

What is enough? Every time I go to HD I walk out between $400 and $1000 in debt. My wife and I just began refurbing a 100 year old house, got a home equity loan on the place, spent $40,000 on the house and $5000 on the tools to fix it up. I seem to do better sending the wife to HD alone, though. I needed to buy a table saw for making some custom molding pieces (nothing in this place standard). I was thinking she would spend well under $200. She came home with a RIDGID 2400 portable, about $500. Food for thought, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by oysterman View Post
          I needed to buy a table saw for making some custom molding pieces (nothing in this place standard). I was thinking she would spend well under $200. She came home with a RIDGID 2400 portable, about $500. Food for thought, guys!
          The only food for my thought I'm getting out of that is my wife needs to hang out with your wife

Comment

Originally posted by GilBeQuick View Post
            The only food for my thought I'm getting out of that is my wife needs to hang out with your wife

now that is funny right there!!!!!
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

my wife wont let me got to HD lowes or worse AC supply house without adult supervision.

Comment

Originally posted by oysterman View Post
                What is enough? Every time I go to HD I walk out between $400 and $1000 in debt. My wife and I just began refurbing a 100 year old house, got a home equity loan on the place, spent $40,000 on the house and $5000 on the tools to fix it up. I seem to do better sending the wife to HD alone, though. I needed to buy a table saw for making some custom molding pieces (nothing in this place standard). I was thinking she would spend well under $200. She came home with a RIDGID 2400 portable, about $500. Food for thought, guys!
                Hopefully she bought it in the last 90 days so you should be able to get a price correction to the sale price of $299 or return it and buy it at the sale price. What is the procedure when HD puts a Ridgid tool on sale within 90 days of your purchase date? Will they adjust the price or are you forced to return the old Ridgid tool and buy a new one at the sale price?

Comment

When you are seriously in debt and have family members doing all the can to evict you from your home, then you have too many tools and equipment. As long as they don't take strong action then keep on prowling for good deals.

Comment

Is there really such a thing as too many tools or guns?

Comment

Working...
                    X