X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Have The Max Select Gone?

I have noticed that all the individual MaxSelect Cordless tools are no longer on the shelves at my local HD. Also they have been dropped from the HD website. Are the individual tools still going to be available? or are they going to be sold in kits only?

Re: Where Have The Max Select Gone?

They still have them at the HD near me. Not sure what's going on.

Comment

They have them at all the HD stores (3) around here, however in some they are putting the MaxSelect tools with the other like corded tools instead of with the cordless stuff. The MaxSelect jigsaw is with all the corded jigsaws, circular saw with all the corded saws et all........try that

Comment

Was talking to the orange apron in the tool section yesterday and he said that they are all listed as discontinued in the computer. He doesnt know what is going on with them and is waiting to hear from his manager. Kinda peeved with it considering wife wanted to buy me a couple of tools for christmas *winks*. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by NailBanger View Post
          I have noticed that all the individual MaxSelect Cordless tools are no longer on the shelves at my local HD. Also they have been dropped from the HD website. Are the individual tools still going to be available? or are they going to be sold in kits only?
          Don't know if Canada has a different Home Depot website. I went on HD here in the dollar plunging US and came up with the following on from a "Ridgid MaxSelect" search. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=8125
          Maybe it's a government conspiracy that Canadian's can't buy this stuff because of the value of your currancy vs ours.
          Good luck and Happy Holidays.....Ray

Comment

It doesn't appear the stores have restocked any MaxSelect tools since last year at this time. What is on the shelves is what is left over from then.

Comment

I guess its just a Canadian thing. Too see what we are up against in the Great White North its worth your while to check ou tthe Canadian versions of Amazon and Home Depot. Amazon doesnt even have a Power Tools Section and Home Depot only has what nobody wants. Visit amazon.ca and homedepot.ca to see what I mean. Then to make matters worse 90% of all the tools and products listed on amazon.com can only be shipped within the US. I guess it is a government conspiracy just like Ray said. I guess its back to wooden forks and flint knives for all of us in Canada. I see all the nice Ridgid tools listed on this site and can only get about 10% of them because Home Depot has the monopole on Ridgid and they dont have any of them. I think its time for Ridgid to expand their market in Canada and find a new retailer to sell their products.

Sorry for ranting guys and gals.

Comment

I live in Kingston Ontario, (that's in Canada, folks), and the HD's here in Eastern Ontario blew out all their Max Select tools about a month ago. They had all of them advertised at "Buy one for $79, get the second tool at half price". I thought it was an error. The bare shelves proved me wrong. Needless to say, they sold out completely in the first half hour after opening. I was a tad disappointed I missed out on that one.
                The Orange Apron told me that they are indeed being discontinued.
                You can now find these tools being sold on Ebay by the opportunistic, profiteering, running dog Capitalists. (Do I sound bitter?)

Comment

The local Home Depot near me has ZERO MaxSelect tools in stock. Since the super duper sale they had (two tools for $79 !).

The day t sale started I went to Home Depot they started to BS me all where sold !!! I said MANAGER ,RIGHT NOW and HERE.

I told the manager to tell his employees to lie better next time and this was a FALSE PUBLICITY and scam. I prepaid the four MaxSelect tools and got then the next day!

Since then ZERO MaxSelect for sale.

The tools are great,the prices were realistic for these quality tools,even at full retail. But looks likeHD will get no more!

Ha I have all my MaxSelect save for the electric "tube pusher".

Comment

Maybe it has to do with the cold air in Canada

These tools only work down to -4F.

Maybe RIDGID does not want to service them in certain areas.
                    http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                      Don't know if Canada has a different Home Depot website. I went on HD here in the dollar plunging US and came up with the following on from a "Ridgid MaxSelect" search. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=8125
                      Maybe it's a government conspiracy that Canadian's can't buy this stuff because of the value of your currancy vs ours.
                      Good luck and Happy Holidays.....Ray

Funny how that search doesn't list the MaxSelect Impact driver though.

Comment

Yeah, we had the massive "2 MaxSelect Tools for $79" sale back in October or so, and I guess it was right across Canada. Since then, no new stock on store shelves. My local store's tool manager has told me that there's been a lot of interest in what's been going on. I guess his Ridgid rep told him that they're looking at not selling the MaxSelect tools individually anymore. Apparently, they're looking at offering them in multi-piece sets, rather than the individual tools. He could tell me about anymore specifics - like whether they would be 3-piece tool sets, or 6/7-piece sets, with or without batteries/charger, etc. He said he was trying to find out if it's going to be the same in the US or what, since the tools are no longer listed on HD.ca, but they still are on HD.com - wait and see I guess.

I'm waiting to see what sort of Ridgid sales pop up both in Canada and the US with Christmas right around the corner. Today's December 7th - hopefully the sales can't be too far away now.

Comment

Like you Canuck i was hoping to see some good tool specials heading into christmas, but still nothing. I had anticipated some new tool releases from Ridgid but nothing even remotely new has been offered by HD or evenshown up on the Ridgid website.

On another topic i was asking my local Orange Apron about getting me a JobMax Tool Bag and he said that he could only get what was listed from HD, meaning he couldn't order one. IMO if Ridgid is only sold by HD exclusively, shouldn't ALL Ridgid product skews be available for the consumer to purchase. I mean outside of Ebay and HD we cant buy these products, and if HD wont carry them then we are at a loss and so is Ridgid.

Comment

NailBanger, I get what you're saying. Regarding seeing webpage updates, I still haven't seen the Ridgid 2.5 gallon aluminum air compressor listed on even Ridgid's own webpage, even though I bought it from HD here in Canada over a month ago now.

I'm the lucky one, I guess - I only live 1 hour away from the U.S. border with Detroit or Port Huron, Michigan. So, yes, there are many items that Ridgid has that HD Canada doesn't carry, but I can get those items from HD U.S., and usually at a much better discount. Besides, even though it is a 2 hour total drive, and $8 in bridge fees both ways, I come out ahead if I head there on a 1/4 tank of gas with my pickup, and fill up when I'm there - the gas savings pays for my trip itself. So, any other savings are all golden, especially with our dollar what it is. Our area here in southwestern Ontario (Canadian province that borders with Michigan, on the Great Lakes, for any non-geographic types) is very heavily pro-Ridgid and pro-HD still. But, a lot of the supply and demand is met by the American market. If HD U.S. doesn't know what it's doing half the time as many have stated on the forum, then HD Canada as a corporate entity knows even less. Aside from certain items that come on sale here (such as the MaxSelect tools), the majority of my Ridgid tools come from the U.S. stores that I visit.

The interesting sidenote with that is our HD managers here really do know their stuff (orange aprons are so-so, depending on who you get, similar to the U.S.). If I ask a tool manager in a U.S. store about certain aspects of a newer tool, they seem to either be baffled by the question, and/or give bs answers. If I ask any of my local guys, man, do they blow me away. I swear that they literally must do their homework on all tools coming onto the floor, and/or newer stuff that's about to come out. And they're the first ones to state the most impressive line in customer service for any business - "I'm honestly not sure of that, but give me a second, and I'll find out for you right now." Bang-o.
                            Last edited by canucksartech; 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

There's a big max select set hitting home depot shelves this week

Comment

Working...
                              X