TS2400LS Table Saw starts, then shuts down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400LS Table Saw starts, then shuts down

I am trying to figure out why my Rigid TS2400LS 10 inch table saw will not work. I power it on, it starts up, and after 3-5 seconds powers down. It does this with or without wood cutting. I did try different outlets and extension cords - same issue. I took some time to revomve the top plate, and check the blade to ensure it was secure, it was. After I put everything back, it worked for a few minutes (I let it run) and then I powered it down. Then when I started again to cut a piece of wook, the same problem started again. Thermal issues? Any thoughts? thanks to anyone who can help me. Love the saw, just wish it would work.

Re: TS2400LS Table Saw starts, then shuts down

sounds like $1500 to me.

lol just kidding the very frist thing i would try is to blow the switches fuses motor and any thing else that might be filled with saw dust out, make sure all you wiring connections are clean and are making good contact, and that they are not rusty, if it still does this after all of that than it might be time to take it to a service center
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The problem is, it is not designed to cut wook. You should only cut wood, metal, or ceramics with it.
      (hehe)

It does sound like the motor is cutting off on thermal. Any chance it got wet?

Comment

you guys are funny....and I thank you for the replies

I don't think it got wet, I hadn't used it in a week, and I took it out on a sunny day (yesterday) to use it.

I did check the connections under the saw, but I did not clean it out yet. I have a decent blower and will try that next.

gk

Comment

When it stops, how long does it take to restart it?
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

No time at all. In fact, I can flip the switch down and up again as it is coming to a stop to restart it. Again it will only rev up for 3-4 seconds, and then power down.

gk

Comment

Well gee, it ain't cutting out on thermal then.

Sounds like a switch or connexion can't take the amps. Also possible the soft-start electronics can't take the amps.

Comment

What gauge extension cord are you using? You might need a heavier one.
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I tried that change last night. I plugged the saw directly into a heavy powerstrip that was plugged into a GFI.

Getting closer?

Not thermal. Not extension cords.

I still need to blow out the sawdust from underneath and see if that clears it up.

thanks all,

gk

Comment

Anyone else having this issue? Almost been a year and no fix yet. I did check the brushes on the motor. They look fine. Any thoughts as to why the saw would start up and then just power down? I miss my saw.

Comment

Originally posted by garykagan View Post
                      Anyone else having this issue? Almost been a year and no fix yet. I did check the brushes on the motor. They look fine. Any thoughts as to why the saw would start up and then just power down? I miss my saw.
                      Did you sign up for the lifetime service agreement when you bought the saw? It might be easier and quicker to just have the service center fix it.

Comment

unfortunately not. I got the saw as a hand-me-down and it worked great for over my basement project and beyond. Service is not an option at this point, someone must have seen this same issue with this model.

Comment

Possibilities....when motor transfers from start winding to run winding, run winding circuit is defective. Could be centrifical switch or winding.

You need an expert at this point

Comment

I suspect there may be a problem with the soft start electronics. These electronics are integral to the motor, so I don't think there is an easy way to by pass them. If I am right it probably means a new motor or a repair by the service center. Probably not cheap. I've not heard of this problem with the TS2400 before (or at least can't recall hearing of it). I did hear of several similar problems with the Bosch saws, which lead me to the Ridgid TS2400.
                            Dick

Comment

Thanks guys! I will see if it is worth to fix or just get a new saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X