Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita Cordless 18V Circ Saw-Blade Left or Right???

I bought my best friend a blade right Makita 5621DZ Raw tool from tool for less for his 40th b-day. He has the Makita 18 volt dsrill driver and charger. I paid 99.88. the blade left is 169. Why are the blade left saws more poplular/costly. with blade right you can hold a speed square w/ your left hand as a staight edge and cut w/ your right hand. This way more of the base is on the work that is not waste. With blade left you can see the blade cut the line but the bulk of the saw is on the waste wood that will fall to the ground????Thoughts??? Hetre's a link toi blade right saw: http://www.toolsforless.com/product/...Bare_Tool_Only Here's blade left link: http://www.toolsforless.com/product/...Bare_Tool_Only
    Last edited by Akita; 11-27-2007, 08:37 AM.
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Makita Cordless 18V Circ Saw-Blade Left or Right???

It's really what you like and are used to using. Think of corded saws. The side winders normally are blade right but the worm drives are blade left. I'm glad some companies give us choices. Try to think of table saws. Some are tilt to the right and some tilt to the left. Both cut wood.

Comment

Why the price differance?????

Comment

Originally posted by Akita View Post
        Why the price differance?????
        More than likely it has to do with sales volume and which one a given dealer wants to sell off. As for manufacturing cost it should be very close. You may want to check a good many dealers and price shop them. I wonder how long it will take before Dewalt does a dual 36 Volt battery worm drive "The Beast" cordless worm drive saw. I hope Bosch does it first.

Those 2 items seem to be a Tools For Less special.
        Last edited by Woussko; 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM.

Comment

ok makes sense!!!!!Thanks!!!

Comment

Take a moment and ponder how us left handed folks safely use a circular saw! Then look again at the blade right/left question.

Cactus Man

Comment

Yeah my Father in law is a lefty. It sucks when it comes to tools!!!

Comment

I'm waiting on Logitech to make a mouse for left handed PC users. I just know they would sell loads of them if they would just make them. I mean one that really fits and works well in the left hand. While they are at it make several sizes for different hands. Us right hand users are lucky.

Hmmm Maybe someone can start a new company that's all about left handed users of products. The market is out there already.

Comment

[quote=Woussko;106262] I wonder how long it will take before Dewalt does a dual 36 Volt battery worm drive "The Beast" cordless worm drive saw. I hope Bosch does it first.[quote]

man i hope that would never happen, wayyyyyy to heavy and ackward and worm drives use ALOT!! of power, so i dought it would last very long and then the price would be unreal, the ridgid worm is 170, i am sur a cordless would be well above 250, it is an idea, yes. but the time and techongly just is not there yet. also in all my years here and in the trade you are the frist person that has ever mentioned that, so that leads me to belive that there is not much desire for one just yet.

sorry to rain on you parade
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC

I'll go to my grave with lots of corded power tools. I had in mind for the "Yaupo Schight" contractor that just has to have the newest fun toy at work. I agree that for the big $$$ we can do far more with corded saws.

Now go pickup a nice Bosch or Skil corded word drive for Christmas and really start sawing wood.

As for me this needs to happen. LOL That for me and not you OSC
                    Last edited by Woussko; 11-29-2007, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I really do not know why my friend wanted a trim saw. I always use my corded ones. But I love my Milwaukee cordless "hatchet" recip!!!!!I think he wanted one cause he works for the water comnpany in town and they work on stuff away from outlets. Cool job he has!!!!He even gets to fabricate his own parts on occasion!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X