X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20% off?

In several of these posts I have seen reference to 20% off at HD. What's this all about? They never offered me anything off my first credit purchase...

Re: 20% off?

Originally posted by captainshawn View Post
    In several of these posts I have seen reference to 20% off at HD. What's this all about? They never offered me anything off my first credit purchase...
    Hmmm...haven't seen the 20% either but as far as I've known they've always offered 10% back on your first purchase if you sign up for the card.

Comment

The 20% off was a coupon that HD released (apparently only to their employees as an xmas gift one year). The coupons have been copied, ebayed, etc. to the point that lots of non-employees have them, and its a huge YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) as to if your store will accept them. I think the coupon came out last year or the year before, so by now all stores probably arent accepting them.

You can also get 10% off by bringing in a Lowes coupon, at least Ive had no problem doing so at the 4 local HDs around my area.

-Chris

Comment

You can purchase 20% discount coupons for Lowe's on Ebay for $10. They are sold by Lowe's employee's. HD will accept the Lowe's discount coupon. So if you have a purchase large enough to justify paying $10 for the discount card, it's a good deal. CAUTION The discount certificates are dated so make sure you buy one covering the period you need.

Comment

Rigid Reps give you 10% off at Contractor Events in my area. If you go to a big Contractor Trade Show that tours the U.S. then you can usually get 20% off because HD offers 10% and Rigid offers 10%. Be aware of events for discounts.

Comment

Working...
          X