X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi 18V Lithium

I realize this is a Ridgid forum, but I am going to get the Ryobi 18v lithium (Package that has the drill and flashlight) and the box says the batteries are 2.4AH.
    I asked the clerk to verify this and they did along with the Ryobi folks. They also said the Ridgid 18V Lithium drill is 2.8 AH despite what is being said on the forums about 1.5AH batteries.

I am returning my 14.4V Ridgid back tomorrow and gettign the Ryobi. Ron

Re: Ryobi 18V Lithium

Ron, the Ridgid compact is 1.5AH if you call the Ridgid customer service folks they may finally admit this figure. I bought the Ryobi kit you mentioned and although I have not used it much it seems pretty solid. For the price I thinks it's a great deal for a medium service drill. I think you will be very happy with this purchase. Good luck.

Comment

The Ridgid "compact" 18v lithium batteries are 1.5Ah. The Ryobi 18v lithiums are 2.4Ah.

I suspect the Ridgid drill is a bit tougher...designed for day to day contractor use, vs. weekend homeowner.

Having said that, the Ryobi is probably fine for most homeowners. I have one myself.

Comment

Hello Guys
        Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I went to HD this weekend to get it and they were out for now. Said they will get another shipment in this week. I was really surprised with the weight of that Ryobi lithium battery. I looked at the one they had on display and it felt like it was an empty shell. The salesman said that is how light they are. Must not be too much internally! Did you guys noticed how light the batteries were? Ron

Comment

I just checked mine and it's got some weight to it. I like the little button on the front, you press it and it lights up as an indication of how much charge the battery has. This may not be a really accurate way to gauge the battery but it's better than nothing.

Comment

most of those ppl at thd dont know anything about the tools ive only seen one person who knew what they were talking about

Comment

I picked up the drill/flashlight combo last week and so far I like them. It's nice that you can use the Li battery with existing tools in the One Plus line. Double nice that the LI charger can charge the older NiCads as well.

Comment

Not only care it is more lighter, but also the life work volume sereral times .

That is LI battery!

Comment

Originally posted by fyplib View Post
                  Not only care it is more lighter, but also the life work volume sereral times .

That is LI battery!
                  I'm guessing English isn't your native language. :-) Did you use a translater...or did you try this on your own.

P.S. What is your native language.

Comment

Ryobi lithuim is 2.4ah , Ridgid 24v amd milwaukee V18 are 3ah , Ridgid compact is 1.5ah and dewalt Nano is 2.4ah !!!! considering the price the same rating as Ryobi .

Comment

I'd save your money and skip the Ryobi. I've seen the 18v lithium ion battery and it's still as big as a house brick...but that may be a good thing, since you'll be using it for a paper weight in about a year when it burns out.

Comment

I don't see where the Ryobi lithium battery is big or heavy. I bought it because I wanted to see how these batteries performed and since for the money it was a inexpensive way to find out and get another drill and worklight. I do think you made a good point about where they will be after a year or so. I have not had good luck with Ryobi batteries(nicads) in the past, the tools held up but not those flimsy batteries. I want to know if it's gonna be the same story with their lithiums, so I took a chance. Honestly, if Ridgid had just come out with a 2.4AH 18volt lithium, I would not have wasted the time and money on the Ryobi. I'm still waiting, sent an e-mail to Ridgid customer service and their reply "no news on any higher amp hour 18 volt lithium battery".

Comment

Yeah, Ridgid has really screwed up not coming out with a good 18v 2.5 or 3ah lithium battery. I'm just not a Ryobi fan and I don't know many people who have there drills last too long...but I guess you pay for what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                            I'm guessing English isn't your native language. :-) Did you use a translater...or did you try this on your own.

P.S. What is your native language.

Yes. You right.

I like this forum and I can learn and know so much about the power tools and woodworking. Especially some new ideas from this kind of discussing or communication.

Comment

The Ryobi's are what they are. I don't do misson critical stuff and I have more than one drill, etc., so an unexpected failure is not that big a deal. My usage is pretty low as these things go, so the Ryobis make sense for me, especially since I like all the other gadget/tools that are in the One Plus line. Hell, I have an old Craftsman 14.4 that still runs, but it is down to the last battery. Buying another battery ($40) is cost prohibitive, so I suspect I will just toss the drill when the last battery goes. It's a shame, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X