X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Wixey scale fit the 3650?

I did a quick search on Wixey and was surprised to find not too many posts on it. Has anyone mounted the TS scale on their 3650, or know if it will work?
    Thanks

Re: Will the Wixey scale fit the 3650?

Wow. No wixey users out there?

Comment

The wixey will fit on almost any table saw. You just may need to modify the magnetic bracket or the rail brackets.

I am in the process of installing one on my jet 10" table saw. I did have to fabricate a magnetic bracket to fit as the ones supplied will not work well.

I am also going to have the shorten the wixey rails by about 5"

The instructions are very good and keep the box that shows the picture of the wixey mounted on a delta saw [I think]. The photo will help you determine how to mount it on the ridgid saw.

Cactus Man

Comment

Thanks Cman.
        For those that are on the fence (pun intended), it is a good time to jump, woodcraft has the fence scale at $40 off at $99 plus you get the angle guage.

Comment

Yeah, great deal from Woodcraft. I wonder what is coming out in the near future that they are clearing out these two items. I have a Wixey angle gauge and it is great. After I got it I contacted Wixey and asked about the digital fence gauge on a TS-3650 and I was told yes it will fit.

I never did pick one up to try @ the old $149 price, but now that it is $99 and you get the $39 angle gauge too well I think I might have to go for it. I can always give the angle gauge to my brother as I don't need two of them.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, I thought the same thing about what they were bringing out to have it priced like this. The guy at woodcraft said that it is just a christmas special and that they havent had the saw guage long enough to be blowing it out yet. I guess time will tell just how much he knows.

Comment

Well the digital fence has been out on the market for a little over a year. It was out there last summer/fall of 2006 as I remember seeing it on their webs site when I looked into the angle gauge. Unless you have a good relationship I would not trust anyone at a store which is stocked up with the current model to tell me that there is a replacement on the way. Not picking on Woodcraft here, as any place is likely to do it, but they are going to push to sell what stock they have on hand so they don't get stuck with it when the new models come out. I also spoke (via email) with the owner of Wixey a couple of times and had suggested a two for one holiday deal package and he told me the markup was so low they could not afford to offer a reduced price on a two or three item package. I had suggested a "Digital Upgrade" package offer at Christmas time. The Fence, Angle Gauge, and the Height Gauge as a package. So his comment back then to me and the current promotion is what leads me to believe that they are looking to clear out the old and make way for something new.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I bought my wixey direct from wixey $129.00 free shipping.
                Just to update my earlier post. Today I finished installing the wixey on my jet 10" table saw.

The wixey is really very accurate.

I did make up my own bracket from the fence to the digital display. The supplied stuff just would not work well. Not a problem.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by colville6 View Post
                  Has anyone mounted the TS scale on their 3650, or know if it will work?
                  I haven’t installed one yet, But their web site shows one installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X