X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewalt 18v nano

Wow..I figured prices would be high when these first came out, but the H.D. wanted $370 for the nano hammer drill 18v. I thought after dewalt was late coming out with the lithium that prices would be more comparable with others even tho its brand new. Me and two others asked the employee how much it was because there was no price. All of us lauged when he said $370. I know it's only that high because it;s new, but it is hard to believe anyone would pay that right now. I guess someone will. One of the other guys had him double check the price and then complained for that money you could buy makita 18v 4pc lxt, ridgid 3pc 24v, 2pc 36v dewalt, and almost buy milwaukee v18 4pc kit. Just thought that was funny. I'll wait until prices drop. I hope the impact driver kit will come with 2 batteries. A lot of xrp tools only came with one battery.

Re: dewalt 18v nano

I'm sure a lot of people thought Makita LXT was expensive when it came out. You could say the same thing about them, why would I pay $50-100 more for an LXT when I can already get an older model 18V DeWalt or Bosch drill for less? But people eventually adopted the tools.

Also, it looks like some of the pricing for the Nano stuff is all over the place depending on where you look. Around here, Home Depot has the 18V Nano battery for the same price you can get a 36V battery! But some of the online stores seem to have some reasonable prices. I would give it time for the prices to stabilize.

Comment

I think what he was trying to say is that Dewalt is behind in the game, and you typically don't out price your product when you are running in last place.

I know it is new Tech Lithium, but it is still Lithium-Ion and it is expensive compared to other Lithium.

Comment

A buddy of mine got the 18v Nano hammer drill/impact combo for around $400 at Toolup.com. I was tempted, but I'm knee deep into Makita LXT.

Ern

Comment

Thats about the price the "current" 18v drill kit with 2 batteries sells for at retail price. The old DC925 was about $359 at HD up until just a short while ago before the nano arrived...

Comment

worker bob you hit the nail on the head. Now that lithium ion has dropped in price, a lot of people that haven't upgraded from nicad to lithium are shopping for lithium now. Me and many of you on here I'm sure have several sets of lithium tools, but many people are just getting into them. If Dewalt scares away all those tons of people looking to get there first set of lithium tools because they want to charge $369 for 18v drill there going to end up losing lots of money down the road on other tools and replacement batteries they could have sold to them. I'm just saying if you were looking to buy your first set of 18v lithium tools are you going to pay $369 for that dewalt drill or for the whole $369 for the 4pc. makita lxt set. But thats just my thought.

Comment

Working...
            X