10.8 volt Bosch cold weather performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.8 volt Bosch cold weather performance

Has anyone else had trouble with these tools not working in the cold? I have both the I driver and the pocket driver and hope to get the Impactor soon. They work great but up here in South Dakota after sitting in the van all night the tools wont work until warmed up. I do not think it is the battery because I have the flashlite and it works all the time. I can take the battery out of the flashlite and put it in a tool and it still wont work even though it works fine in the flashlite. Put the battery back in the lite and it works fine. If I warm up the tool it is fine. These are the only tools I have that do this. I am assuming it has something to due with sensors for the litheon batterys? Any ideas or comments anyone?
    Thanks,
    ccnova

Re: 10.8 volt Bosch cold weather performance

I have never left mine in the cold. The lowest it gets in the shop is about 50 on a non working weekend. No performance loss at that temp.

Comment

I own the impactor and the driver and if you leave the batteries say in a cold truck all night, they won't work at all until they warm up. I know others who have the same problem with theres. Its not just yours.

Comment

Here is a commercial from the Milwaukee website I saw. Granted it is a Milwaukee advertisement, but it gives some insight into lithium performance in extreme cold/hot weather.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...lv?OpenElement

Ern

Comment

I left my Ridgid 24V LI drill and fully charged extra batt in the truck ovenight in freezing weather. The next morning both batteries were inoperable. I didn't have the charger with me so have no experiance regarding how fast they may have revieved.

Comment

Working...
          X