Jobsite Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jobsite Radio

I suspect the keypad is for programming radio stations. As for the rest i guess we will just have to wait and see.

*Maybe its a built in microwave!

Comment

Hay Josh how about let us all have one for free.....sooo we can "test" it

hay worht a shot.

Looks nice. Im not a big user of the raido in my truck or at home....doing change outs and service calls at peoples houses got to be carefull of what you play least u offend someone. but thats just me...I listen to weird stuff

Comment

The Milwaukee radio, for me, is still too cool for words. Great sound, funky design. I think I'll stick with my Milwaukee. Although I probably should have got the Milwaukee Impact Wrench instead of the radio......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

3660 is just minor changes to the 3650 as far as I can tell. Will have to get mor einfo on that. Whats the featherboard? I know I should know about everything that is on its way out but haven't heard of this one yet. I rely on product managers telling me what to post. If its out let me know and I will track down the info.

Josh

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Josh, did you ever hear anything about the magswitch featherboard or the 3660?

Comment

It's a device that keeps the wood tight up against the fence. I saw it at HD today. I did not see a price on it. It appeared to be rubber with two magnets that "turned off" with the turning of the knobs. It was next to the tablesaw display attached to the metal shelves. I didn't pay too much attention to it after I realized it would not work with the 2400 that I have.

It'll be interesting to see all the features that the radio has. I may have to add it to my list of things I don't really need, but want. I'm guessing I'd get a lot of use out of it though.

Comment

I would also like to see it charge battery packs as well as be powered by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                3660 is just minor changes to the 3650 as far as I can tell. Will have to get mor einfo on that. Whats the featherboard? I know I should know about everything that is on its way out but haven't heard of this one yet. I rely on product managers telling me what to post. If its out let me know and I will track down the info.

Josh
                Yeah, they are out there in the stores as of two weeks ago for $39 and change and selling pretty good to from what I saw. It's two sided so you can use it on either side of the blade. Works great for bandsaws with CI tables too. There was a large box with maybe 60 featherboards in it that people were grabbing out of faster than the OA could hang them on the rack.
                The box was half empty when I saw it.

Magswitch has some news releases on theiir site:
                http://www.magswitch.com.au/news.asp

Home Depot debut of Universal FeatherboardMagswitch Debuts the Magnetic on off Universal Featherboard with Home Depot December 1 2007. In partnership with Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Magswitch developed a private label Ridgid Brand Double Sided Table Top Featherboard for workholding on many different woodworking machines. Home Depot will put the Magswitch Featherboard on the shelves in time for the 2007 holiday shopping season. This event marks Magswitch’s debut in the broad consumer market.Bill Fudale, President MTI
                Last edited by Bob D.; 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  Yeah, they are out there in the stores as of two weeks ago for $39 and change and selling pretty good to from what I saw. It's two sided so you can use it on either side of the blade. Works great for bandsaws with CI tables too. There was a large box with maybe 60 featherboards in it that people were grabbing out of faster than the OA could hang them on the rack.
                  The box was half empty when I saw it.

Magswitch has some news releases on theiir site:
                  http://www.magswitch.com.au/news.asp

Home Depot debut of Universal FeatherboardMagswitch Debuts the Magnetic on off Universal Featherboard with Home Depot December 1 2007. In partnership with Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Magswitch developed a private label Ridgid Brand Double Sided Table Top Featherboard for workholding on many different woodworking machines. Home Depot will put the Magswitch Featherboard on the shelves in time for the 2007 holiday shopping season. This event marks Magswitch’s debut in the broad consumer market.Bill Fudale, President MTI
                  I just got back from Home Depot and picked up two of the featherboards. For some reason I was thinking that I could use one of them on the fence and then the other on the top. Well unfortunately, I forgot that that fence on the 3650 is aluminum, I might be returning one...

Also, the featherboard lists the 3660 on it, so it must be coming out pretty soon, which makes me mad since I have only had my 3650 for about 1.5 months, but I am 100% satisfied with it so far.

Comment

What happened to the radio discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                      What happened to the radio discussion?
                      The same thing that happened to the radio?

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Heh heh......exactly.

All the features in the world don't matter if you can't get one. Even if/when this radio does appear, will anybody actually buy it without a special offer? I got my Milwaukee radio thru a free tool offer after buying the V28 combo kit. I don't think many are buying them at full retail, probably picking them up for half or less on Ebay. Same thing will happen with the Ridgid radio. Then the discussion will occur on "How can those eBay sellers sell those radios for so cheap?" Just like the recent discussion of "All the MaxSelect tools are gone and my store doesn't have any and those eBay sellers are getting rich, and blah, blah, BLAH......."

Maybe when the radio comes out it will be exclusively powered by the new, more powerful AH hour(?) lithium battery that is currently the latest Ridgid mythical unicorn....
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Hooray!!! Can't wait for that Ridgid jobsite radio to come out. I hope it has an aux input or some way to connect an iPod. The only radio station that comes in in the shop is the local country station. I like country and all....but the radio station plays the same 20 songs over and over and over and ....AAAAAAAAAA MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!! You get the picture...I need to be able to plug in the iPod for some sanity.

The radio looks very spiffy and cool. Quit toyin' with us Josh...post up them pictures and details!
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Maybe when the radio comes out it will be exclusively powered by the new, more powerful AH hour(?) lithium battery that is currently the latest Ridgid mythical unicorn....[/QUOTE]

Man, you just got to have faith and believe! I've seen pictures of that radio just like the pictures I've seen of BigFoot and the Loch Ness Monster, so I know it's real.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              Looks like it's from the future
                              Very, very distant future.........

I'm with you Sandy on the country music thing. Always the strongest station on the dial.

Well, besides gospel
                              Last edited by plumberscrack; 12-16-2007, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I only wish I could have one that nice on my job sites but people would think I was making day jobs out of a couple two/three hour task.

Go to lunch with that blaring at the construction site and it'll be gone when you get back, nobody will know who took it of course.

So does anyone fire up a radio on service calls?

I do if I'm doing a water heater replacement or any task that takes more than a couple hours.....replacing numerous faucets and the like. I use a super small radio, AM station only like talk radio. The music I'd listen to on FM would probably not be suitable for any of my customer base unless I listen to classical music.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X