Jobsite Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jobsite Radio

I'll buy one if it has an aux input on it. Im doubtful we will get a charger, but that would make me more certain to buy one. Right now Im hauling my 18V Li Ion drill both batteries and charger to work everyday in case I want to use it at home also, if I could get by without taking the charger Id only take both batteries home when I know I will need them.

Comment

Somewhat on this subject I was about to bid on an item on ebay a 10.8 volt Bosch impactor when all the sellers items were removed and a message said "no longer a registered user" . I had boughten from the seller before so sent him an e-mail asking why. He replied that he had listed a Bosch radio charger that e-bay had "banned from sale" because of a lawsuit by dewalt against Bosch over patent infringement and was banned from selling for one week. I assume it has to do with the charger part. If this is true I doubt anyone else would come out with a radio/charger until this is settled. What does anyone else think about this?
      ccnova

Comment

Originally posted by ccnova View Post
        Somewhat on this subject I was about to bid on an item on ebay a 10.8 volt Bosch impactor when all the sellers items were removed and a message said "no longer a registered user" . I had boughten from the seller before so sent him an e-mail asking why. He replied that he had listed a Bosch radio charger that e-bay had "banned from sale" because of a lawsuit by dewalt against Bosch over patent infringement and was banned from selling for one week. I assume it has to do with the charger part. If this is true I doubt anyone else would come out with a radio/charger until this is settled. What does anyone else think about this?
        ccnova
        You are onto it, I have heard it discussed here before. Dewalt has a patent on the radio/charger combo.

Sounds like I better get my Bosch radio while they last, they had one at Lowe's today without a box, but it wasn't discounted...

EDIT: Actually, just read Post #14 from this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...?t=5300&page=2
        Last edited by automobiliben; 12-17-2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

wow that radio is amazing...it will sell good in my store...i have wuite a few regulars asking about every week...when is it coming out? does it charge????

Comment

Originally posted by tu4evr View Post
            wow that radio is amazing...it will sell good in my store...i have wuite a few regulars asking about every week...when is it coming out? does it charge????
            Read the posts - no it does not charge.

Comment

Waiting, waiting.....

Comment

Just at a HD in Michigan today, told that the radios are still a few weeks away, up to about a month more. As is the new 12volt lithium ion driver.

Any updates on this from Ridgid???

Comment

It must be getting closer. I looked it up at work again last night and noticed that the price went from $139.97 to $149 now

Comment

Lovely. I thought it was originally going to be $129. Funny how the price keeps creeping up, and it still isn't in stores yet. People are already upset with how long it's taking to get to the stores - I don't think HD and Ridgid (TTI/OWT) will gain many new fans if it continues changing and/or going up, being $169 by the time we finally see them in stores, maybe by next fall.

Comment

Anyone....anything?

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                        Anyone....anything?
                        nothing
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                        X