X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 18v higher Ah lithium batts?

hi guys, i'm a tool junkie who's newly been highly interested in ridgid power tools...

i was at a home depot this weekend and the tool guy told me that there might be a higher Ah 18volt lithium battery coming out soon, like early next year soon...

anyone else heard anything?

i'm very, very interested and will likely pick up a set when ever it comes out...

Re: new 18v higher Ah lithium batts?

I've been requesting, complaining and asking about a higher AH 18volt lithium for quite a while on this Forum. We've been told that such a item is in the works, just a matter of time. I have the five tool Ridgid 18 volt set and when these batteries become available I will buy them and the max select jigsaw. There was a lot of misinformation when the compact lithium and drill were introduced, but it gave some of us an opportunity to tell Ridgid why we wanted the higher AH battery. This product will be a benefit to guys who own these 18 volt tools and I think it will increase sales of the max select tools as well. Just hop'in they do make it after all this talk.

Comment

Just a note ... the 18V Compact Li-Ion drill kit is on sale for $99. If the batteries fit the 18V NiCads set, that would make the NiCads batery tools weigh less. At eBay, just the 18V Li-Ion sells for more than $50.

Comment

I don't believe that it's the lithium-ion 18 volt drill that is on sale at Home Depot for $99.00, but their other 18 Volt NiCad offering. Was just at the local HD here and the Li-ion is still $179.00. But, if it can be verified at the $99.00 figure, I'm a player for getting another one. What store has them at that dollar amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
          I don't believe that it's the lithium-ion 18 volt drill that is on sale at Home Depot for $99.00, but their other 18 Volt NiCad offering. Was just at the local HD here and the Li-ion is still $179.00. But, if it can be verified at the $99.00 figure, I'm a player for getting another one. What store has them at that dollar amount?
          There is a "Black Friday II" going on at HD right now and it IS the compact lithium drill. It only comes with one battery for $99.

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by oneRidgidOwner View Post
            Just a note ... the 18V Compact Li-Ion drill kit is on sale for $99. If the batteries fit the 18V NiCads set, that would make the NiCads batery tools weigh less. At eBay, just the 18V Li-Ion sells for more than $50.
            i've been eyeing that sale for WEEKS now, and online it has been saying OUT OF STOCK for the whole time...so there's no chance of us getting that anymore...

Comment

I live in CT and I was at my local Home Depot tonight. There were some Ridgid kits and separate cordless tools on sale including the compact 18 volt lithium drill with one battery for $99.00. I guess if you are not using this for work and can wait for the battery to charge when dead it's a good deal. I have a feeling H/D was clearing out these kits with nicads and older tools to make way for the new. I think as we've been promised any new offering will be in the form of higher amp hour 18 volt lithiums to compete with DeWalt and the rest. I hope that's the case and that Ridgid will also offer a selection of max select again.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                I live in CT and I was at my local Home Depot tonight. There were some Ridgid kits and separate cordless tools on sale including the compact 18 volt lithium drill with one battery for $99.00. I guess if you are not using this for work and can wait for the battery to charge when dead it's a good deal. I have a feeling H/D was clearing out these kits with nicads and older tools to make way for the new. I think as we've been promised any new offering will be in the form of higher amp hour 18 volt lithiums to compete with DeWalt and the rest. I hope that's the case and that Ridgid will also offer a selection of max select again.
                you lucky son-of-a-gun!!!!

Comment

Seems odd to me that Ridgid can sell the drill for $79 dollars cheaper by just removing one battery. Perhaps they really are having a problem with Lithium Ion battery supplies as someone suggested.

Personally, I have even less use for the drill with only one 1.5Ah battery. That is 1/4 of the battery Ah of the 24 volt kit.

Comment

Disaster, I know some guys even Pros can get by with the 1.5AH lithium. As a homeowner I want the longer run time of a higher AH battery for my tools, especially if I'm not close to my charger. That's why I passed on this compact lithium. I think Ridgid will do well if they market the higher AH 18volt lithium and offer the same and newer max select tools. I could by a Ryobi jigsaw for a fraction of the price of the max select, but I want the Ridgid. I don't mind waiting, but if I needed a set of cordless tools right now, Ridgid does not look good. That eight piece kit is just a way of clearing out old stock, and the 24 volt lithium is a big clumsy looking.

Comment

I just picked up the Rigid 18 volt compact lithium-ion drill kit (single battery) for $99 at the local Home Depot in Columbus, OH. They had plenty in stock. The regular 18 volt lithium-ion drill kit (2 batteries) was listed at $187. If I was considering spending almost $200 for the kit with 2 batteries, I think I would just get 2 of the $99 kits and have an extra drill and charger.

Comment

The only difference is that you don't get the small bag that comes in the two battery kit. I got two of the one battery kits myself....will probably sell the extra charger and drill and end up with a drill, two batteries and charger for $150 or less....not a bad deal.
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Unless there's a sweet after Christmas deal on the 24 volt batteries or kits and then I may have to re-evaluate my battery needs..........

Comment

anyone care to purchase one of the drills and i'll pay for it with shipping to me?

why does my HD has to suck so bad...errrrrrrrrr

Comment

Yer gonna have to get someone in the US to send you one, Deuce....in Canada the kit is $129 plus 14% tax. I got mine when they were 20 percent off, though still not as good as $99 in the US. Mainly bought two to grab the batteries, don't need another drill, yet a nice bonus.....although I might take 'em back if there's a decent 24 volt deal after Christmas.....need some batteries to power up the MaxSelect tools I got on close out for $38.50 each(buy one for $79 and get one free) - now that was a GOOD DEAL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X