X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Nailer?

I have to put molding in a room that I just installed a laminate floor and I need a nailer to install the molding. The molding is 3/4" round and 1/2" clam shell. I need to know if the Ridgid 2 1/2" brad nailer PN. R213BNA will be enough to do the job?

Re: Brad Nailer?

That gun will be more than enough. I've been very happy with mine. So far, no problems. Hasn't even jammed yet.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Thank you I am on my way to Home Depot now.

Comment

You're welcome. Be sure to pick up some extra brads of various length. Hate having to stop what I'm doing because I need the correct length brads.
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I just used the nailer with 2" Brads this was a very good nailer for $99.00 and a Life Time warranty. The nailer sucked the clam shell molding tight against the wall and no splitting.

Comment

I've got the same nailer and have used it for over a year now in various applications. It's held up for me with no jams or problems whatsoever.

Comment

Has anyone noticed the four PC nailer's and compressor combo for $300.00 at HD? Seems like an excellent deal.

Comment

I am impressed with the nailer. It is light in your hand. Seems to be easy on the air compressor. The 18 gauge 2" brad nail worked well. This is my first Ridgid nailer and I like it. The case it came in is nice.

Comment

I have three ridgid air guns and love them all. I use my 1/4" crown stapler all the time and the brad and finish nailer occasionally. I only wish they came out with their version of the 23 gauge pinner sooner, and their 2.5 gal trim compressor as well. They have earned the right to be the first air tool I check for when I am in the market for a while.
                  A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

When I purchased my brad nailer I needed 2" brads and Ridgid did not have any nails I had to purchase Porter Cable instead. Dose Ridgid make brad nails?

Comment

Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
                      When I purchased my brad nailer I needed 2" brads and Ridgid did not have any nails I had to purchase Porter Cable instead. Dose Ridgid make brad nails?
                      I don't think so....at least I've never seen them at HD. Senco, PorterCable...etc....work fine.

Comment

On my nailer there is a belt clip. Do people use this? It seems to be in my way!

Comment

I use the clip to hang the nailer from my tool bag when I am trimming on a ladder. Saves alot of fumbling around trying to fit trim and hold nailer at the same time. I think its a great addition to any nailer IMO.

Comment

skirk, no, Ridgid does not make brad nails. If you want a great pack of nails for around-the-house jobs, Paslode makes a great assortment pack. I think there's 500 nails of 4 different sizes (5/8", 1 1/4", 1 3/4", 2 1/8", I think, something like that), and it's something like 6 or 7 bucks. It's great - 2000 nails of various sizes, more than enough for a myriad of uses around the house. I've gone through 3 or 4 packs of these in doing finish work around both mine and my parent's new houses this past year - not a single jam with those nails and my Ridgid brad nailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevan Sweeney View Post
                              Has anyone noticed the four PC nailer's and compressor combo for $300.00 at HD? Seems like an excellent deal.
                              When I bought that kit 8? years ago, it was $300 for the pancake compressor plus ONE nailer. Every few years they add another nailer and the deal gets sweeter. I have the 18 and the 16 and they have never failed me.

Comment

Working...
                              X