X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking Bits-Impact Driver

I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue of dificculties in removing bits from the chuck. Even using pliers to remove them.

Re: Sticking Bits-Impact Driver

Are you pulling the collar in order to release the bit? The collar is spring loaded, and my bits just drop right out. Otherwise, I don't know what would be holding the bit in place, unless the socket for the hex end is all gummed up or something.

CWS

Comment

Never had a problem getting them out of mine. Maybe it's the quality of bit you're using.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Try a little lube in the chuck and blow it out w/ compressed air. Maybe the little locking pin inside the chuck is sticking.

I've also had some lower quality bits stick a little after heavy use. The corners start to get rounded off and its time to throw them away.

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by bm133390 View Post
          I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue of dificculties in removing bits from the chuck. Even using pliers to remove them.
          Are you using impact rated bits? are they deforming? They should go in and out smoothly...loosly even.

Comment

I had one magnetic bit holder which was some cheap brand that started sticking. I looked at the end and it looked a little rounded so I tried another quality brand and it worked fine. Threw the cheap one away and have had no problems since.

Comment

if they stick then just put it in reverse and back a screw out and then it willl automaticly un jam itself

Comment

Working...
              X