Need Compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Compressor

I am looking into purchasing a new Air compressor for myself as well. I have a PC 18 gauge brad nailer, PC 16 gauge finish nailer, a 15 gauge Ridgid nailer and a PC Framing nailer, I am looking into the Ridgid OF45150 and was wondering how loud it is. The new OL50135A is nice but at $300. It’s pushing my budget, and how loud is it? I like it being lightweight. I was also wondering if anyone knows if it could handle my framing nailer for occasional moderate use, framing out a wall or 2 every once in a while. the other compressor that looks nice is the Makita MAC2400 I've seen some good revies on that so far.
    Last edited by ump107; 01-02-2008, 08:00 AM. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

I have similar concerns about noise. When I asked the HD tool associate if he would run the compressors I was interested in he refused. However returning to the store the next day I found another tool salesman and he was happy to run any compressor I wanted to hear. Perhaps your local HD will do the same for you.
      Steve.

Comment

Steve
        I think I went to the same HD as you R202. Couldn't get anyone to run it, talked to a friend and ended up ordering a Makita MAC2400 should get it in a few days. I started out with the $99 Oil free - Husky Easy air when I lived in a condo I could run it in the basement and not disturb the wife watching TV. the only problem with the little Husky was after 2 years of use with only finish nailers the cylinder head failed. The only thing I can think of is I used it a too much. I installed a good deal of crown and base molding in a short time after I moved. My dad has had better luck with his and uses it ocasionally for trim work and filling tires, he bought his a week after I bought mine.
        Last edited by ump107; 01-04-2008, 08:30 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
        X