X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Warranty ?

Has anybody ever used Ridgid Lifetime Warranty? I have read on a forum that there is some areas that are not clear or in question. If anyone has used the warranty please list your inexperience good or bad.

Re: Tool Warranty ?

I haven't had a need to use it yet, but there have certainly been a number of posts that have proved it a positive experience. Of course there have been numerous complaints too, but in my opinion, a lot of these are a matter of mis-understanding, as many of the complaints are directed at Home Depot where disgruntled owners have expected instant replacement. Hopefully others will jump in here, but you can also do a search and read some of the posts regarding the warranty issue.

My nearest authorized Ridgid service center is about 150 miles away, in Syracuse, NY. It's a bit inconvenient for a quick drop-off. Although I haven't had the need for service on my Ridgid tools, I have used them for warranty service on my Ryobi router. I simply called them, shipped the unit UPS and I had it back in about a week and a half. Quick, courteous, and no problems at all. I would suspect that Ridgid service to be no less.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I read on a post that the warranty was a little deceiving and there were some unanswered questions. I put a hold on any more purchases until I get better results. I also purchased a Ridgid cordless hammer drill for a Christmas present to my son. This weekend I purchased a Ridgid brad nailer. If the warranty is not very good I will return them. I have not received one reply from anyone that has used it. I have Ridgid tools and I purchased them because of the warranty. I have to say that I am very pleased with everything I own but there is an issue with the lifetime warranty. If I don't get positive results about the warranty by Wednesday I will make a big return to Home Depot.

Comment

Skirk welcome to the forum. I think the warranty thread you are referring to is actually 4 years old. The biggest thing to remember is the warranty is from Ridgid not homedepot. Most of the negative threads about warranty on the forum have come from people who have exceeded the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, after the 30 days as with any manufacturer the warranty kicks in and you need to address warranty issues using the 1-800 # or my preference is the ebox. Any concerns I have had with regards to any operational problems with my tools I have used my ebox and I get replies that are very informative and have solved all the problems I have had.

Personally, I really think that the Ridgid warranty is the best in the business, bar none. The quality of the tools are on par with all the contractor grade tools on the market ie. dewalt, makita etc. As with any manufacturer some will have better models of a particular tool that others but I'll be honest if you walk into my workshop you will swear it is Halloween (orange and black everywhere). The only issues I have are with the listings and availability at my local HD. As for Ridgid I love their tools and service. Hope this helps in making your decision.

Good Luck

Comment

Go with the other brands, and get a year warranty, it's a no brain(er) !!! I bought Ridgid for their quality, 3 year warranty, and the rest is a bonus, if I ever need it, as of yet I haven't, but I do have other brands of tools here that died just past the one year warranty, I keep them so I don't forget what NOT to buy.

I find that companies that offer longer warranties usually always offer a better product to go with it.

Comment

Working...
          X