Refurbished Ridgid Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbished Ridgid Tools

Is there a place that sells refurbished Ridgid tools? I have found every tool mfg. out there that sells refurbished tools except Ridgid. One time I saw that Home Depot sold a 10" miter saw refurbished.

Re: Refurbished Ridgid Tools

Originally posted by skirk55 View Post
    Is there a place that sells refurbished Ridgid tools? I have found every tool mfg. out there that sells refurbished tools except Ridgid. One time I saw that Home Depot sold a 10" miter saw refurbished.
    HomeDepot.com generally has some refurbished Ridgid power tools. I have also on ocassion seen some on Overstock.com.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

As far as I know, the only place that sells "refurbished" Ridgid and Ryobi tools here in the northeast is Cummins (http://www.cumminstools.com/). I'm not sure if Cummins is regional or more widespread. There may be other factory-reconditioned dealers, but I am not aware of them.

Cummins also does truckload sales a couple of times a year around various communities. I live in NY's southern tier and I've seen them in Binghamton, Corning, Elmira, etc. The stuff is usually priced at 10 to 20% or more under what you'll find it, brand new, in the local HD. It is most always cleaned up, boxed, and carries a 1-year warranty. It does not qualify for Ridgid's Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, as far as I know.

Home Depot, all too often has tools that are green tagged and marked "Reconditioned". This is a real pet peeve of mine, as I have yet to see a single so-called "Reconditioned" tool at Home Depot that is anything short of filthy, abused, and looking like someone picked it up in the nearby trash heap. It is most always short of some component and looks like it has received some very harsh work, carrying a lot of dirt and grime from whatever work site it may have disappointed it's previous owner at. Stuff is definitely not "refurbished" or "reconditioned", although it may well have received some "check-out" in the back room.

The green-tagged items that I have seen, usually carry about a 15% discount, but no warranty of any kind. I am probably wrong, but these tools look like the previous owner had that extra warranty that Home Depot pushes and when their tool failed, they exchanged it for a new one and the original got a quick fix and a green tag. Definitely not a good deal, IMHO!

However, I should point out that this is my experience at the local HD. Others may well have a different experience at other Home Depots.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

My experiences with the green tagged tools at Home Depot mirror those of CWS.

I also believe that Cummins Tools is the only authorized seller of factory reconditioned RIDGID tools. There have been Home Depot employees who have stated here that their stores sells factory reconditioned RIDGID tools and that may be true but not at the HD"s around here.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

qq - anyone know if referb ridgid tools carry that lifetime warranty still with proper registration?

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
            qq - anyone know if referb ridgid tools carry that lifetime warranty still with proper registration?

No. Ridgid recon tools are 1 year warranty only.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I agree with was said above. I will also add that I m not sure if they do this everywhere or not (and haven't checked in my areas since moving back some time ago) but Ferguson Plumbing Supply in Phoenix sold refurbed Ridgid woodworking tools on occassion. I bought the Ridgid framing nailer there a while back ($60) and it worked just fine. I have since sold it to my neighbor last fall when he was building his own home and it got him through his whole home with no issues. That was my only experience with a Ridgid refurbished tool.
              Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

At my local HD, the green tags go on display items that got too dirty from handling. Sure enough, I removed the brushes from a Ridgid sawsall and they were barely used. The marks on the saw were reflective of the stand from a display and I'm not suprised to see how dirty it was from all the fondling it must have received. I have no problems buying a quality tool that I've checked over with a little dissassembly to see if it's worn or not. I've also been able to talk the manager into a deeper discount than the tag reflected as well. Usually remind them of no manual, no original box, besides it being dirty and such. On occasion they just toss in some extra blades or something, but still, It's better than a sharp poke in the eye!

Comment

Working...
                X