Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

18v Rigid cordless Taken the Chuck off????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v Rigid cordless Taken the Chuck off????

Have a 18v rigid cordless dont have the drill with me its at work but the 3 teeth one got stuck so it threw them all off um i cant figure out for the life of me to get the chcuk off i took the screw out in the inisde but now im i dont know this thing will not come off please any help thanx...????

Re: 18v Rigid cordless Taken the Chuck off????

All the below are the Ridgid power tool service centers for Maine:they should be able to help and the drill might still be under warranty or LSA. Please post how things worked out. Good luck...Ray
    Tim's New-matics Sles& Serv
    39 Sparks Ave Unit 6
    Brewer
    ME,04412
    TEL: (207) 989-9675
    No Fax Available

Jeff's Small Engine Repair
    RR1 Box 16 Outer Court St
    Machias
    ME,4654
    TEL: (207) 255-3303
    No Fax Available

SARGENT'S SMALL ENGINE
    226 BARKER ROAD
    TROY
    ME,04987
    TEL: (207) 948-3674
    Fax: (207) 948-5663

Maine Tool Service Corp
    422 Brook Street
    Westbrook
    ME,04092
    TEL: (207) 874-2420
    Fax: (207) 874-2420
    Last edited by roadrashray; 12-18-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Put an allen wrench in the chuck,(l shaped)if the chuck cn tighten down on the wrench,smack the wrench with a hammer counter clockwise. make sure your drill is in low and the clutch is on the highest setting.this will give you enough resistance.you might have to hit it a few times.if that does not work take it in.we have alternative way's of shocking it off.
      good luck!
      chic
      A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

According To The Manual It Says To Hit The Chuck Clockwise. But I Also Could Not Get Mine Off After Following The Instructions So I Took It To A Repair Center. There The Gentleman Explained To Me That The Manual Is In Correct. And Instead Of Using A Allen Wrench And A Hammer. He Used A Allen Wrench Socket On His Impact Gun And Tighted The Chuck Down On The Allen Wrench And It Came Right Off. Good Luck

Comment

I have taken my chuck off, and the manual is correct !!! But it does take a very SHARP hit (or hits) in the clockwise direction to get it loosened, using a impact gun would also work of course (and be easier), also what chic said about low gear and clutch setting is really helpful, but hitting it counter clockwise will be counter productive in this case.

Comment

Working...
          X