X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithium Combo Kits???

Hello, I am new to the forum, I just wanted to know if there is any word on them coming out with a combo kit with this new lithium compact? I like drill from seeing it at the depot but also don't know if its any good. It would be nice to have the drill and the whole set with this light battery.
    Thanks
    David

Re: Lithium Combo Kits???

None of us have heard anything so far on this drill being released in a combo kit. However, if you buy the drill kit with the two batteries, you can also add on with the MaxSelect tools, which will work with the 18 volt lithium-ion batteries.

It is quite a good tool - a good performer.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that the Max-Select tools have lower performance specs. when used with 18v batteries. But if you get the non-Max-Select 18v tools, the specs do not change. Here is the page for the Max-Select impact driver:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R8823-Du...r/EN/index.htm

Ern
      Last edited by erngum; 12-19-2007, 02:25 AM.

Comment

You also have to consider the amp hours of that compact lithium battery, 1.5AH as opposed to the 2.5AH of the 18 volt nicads. This is why many of us requested and Ridgid will market a higher amp hour 18 volt lithium battery. You cannot expect that compact battery to power a high draw tool such as a circular saw for very long, that is why it was sold with a "compact" drill.

Comment

Working...
        X