RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

nice features with the 12vdc port for the cell phone and such.

universal battery port good too.

scanner is an interesting touch too.

we can play it at the ridgid roundup

rick.

hope you're not eligible for the ridgid video contest
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you for putting up the video guys!

How secure is the battery when its running off it? Is there a chance the battery can fall out? When you opened the IPod compartment I thought that was going to be the battery in there.

I will be waiting for mine, probably have to hide one in the racking for awhile.

Comment

Didn't see any place for my 8 track tapes? Very nice design, congrats all around. Now "Please" what about that higher Amp Hour 18 volt Lithium???

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Didn't see any place for my 8 track tapes? Very nice design, congrats all around. Now "Please" what about that higher Amp Hour 18 volt Lithium???
          You must be one of those young guys. I was looking for the 4-track player.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yeah, those reel to reel tapes were too messy for the car!

Comment

The first car stereo I ever bought for my car was a Muntz 4&8 Track. I was 16-years old and I remember worrying whether the 8-Track would ever really take off. Of course shortly after 4-Track disappeared from the market.

Mark

Comment

Even though tape will be tape and has it's limitations the 8 Tracks were pretty sturdy at the time. I even got a 8 Track player/recorder so I could make my own 8 Track Tapes from Albums. For those of you who never saw one they were these flat round plastic disks, never mind! Hi end reel to reel was a great sound for home entertainment. My brother in-law picked up a nice system when stationed in Korea. I believe the tape deck was Teac, he played the theme to "GoldFinger" and man it sounded great!

Comment

Nice job there Josh and ProBrand... I sure hope the radio can charge batteries. If not that's gonna upset contractors big time. Now to go find one and see it for real sometime in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Even though tape will be tape and has it's limitations the 8 Tracks were pretty sturdy at the time. I even got a 8 Track player/recorder so I could make my own 8 Track Tapes from Albums. For those of you who never saw one they were these flat round plastic disks, never mind! Hi end reel to reel was a great sound for home entertainment. My brother in-law picked up a nice system when stationed in Korea. I believe the tape deck was Teac, he played the theme to "GoldFinger" and man it sounded great!
                    One of my friends was the President of the last company which was still making vinyl records. He passed away earlier this year but they quit making vinyl records a few years ago because of all of the EPA stuff. We worry about endangered animals but not a way of life and sound now long gone.

Mark

Comment

What will the specs be on the scanner ? Any idea ? Sounds like a good thing, hope it can scan weather, police & emergency channels too. It should sell for $20.00 less in Canada, with the American dollar being so low.

Comment

Originally posted by spintyer View Post
                        It should sell for $20.00 less in Canada, with the American dollar being so low.

hey now!, do you have to rub it in??
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

4 track? Is that reel to reel? I have one of those laying around, cabinet looks nice, but I havent played enough to try it.

Anyway back on track...

If I heard correctly it does not have a built in scanner, but it will work as an amp to your scanner.

My other question that I thought of today, does it charge the IPod in the cradle, or will I need to recharge it with the 12v power outlet, or at home?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                            4 track? Is that reel to reel? I have one of those laying around, cabinet looks nice, but I havent played enough to try it.

Anyway back on track...

If I heard correctly it does not have a built in scanner, but it will work as an amp to your scanner.

My other question that I thought of today, does it charge the IPod in the cradle, or will I need to recharge it with the 12v power outlet, or at home?
                            Here is a link to a 4-Track

http://www.8trackheaven.com/4track.html

They are the physically the same as an 8-Track except that the 8-Track included the pinch roller in the cassette instead of from the machine.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Here is a link to a 4-Track

http://www.8trackheaven.com/4track.html

They are the physically the same as an 8-Track except that the 8-Track included the pinch roller in the cassette instead of from the machine.

Mark
                              Anyone remember the Playtape ? these were miniature stereo loop tape cassettes that were scaled down versions of the well known 8-track tape. They used 1/4" wide tape same as your standard cassettes which came out at the same time (like Beta vs VHS video tapes did). They cassette won out and the Playtape died in a few short months.

Wow, I just looked around on that 8track site and found some stuff on the Playtape, first I've seen reference to one in many, many years. The model player shown is like the one my sister had back in the 60s but hers was a Sears branded model. I remember she got it for her birthday and a couple Beatles tapes to go with it as she was a big Beatles fan.
                              http://www.8trackheaven.com/playtape.html
                              Last edited by Bob D.; 12-19-2007, 08:23 PM. Reason: added link to Playtape info.
                              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Finally have a chance to go online here and hey...

This video has been removed by the user
                                The video's been pulled...
                                No fair...
                                *sniffle*
                                I 'wanna see it...
                                Last edited by markts30; 12-20-2007, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X