• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

It will connect and play but the door will not close on the front

Comment

Received the radio in my store night before last.

Looks like the scanner is pretty much limited to the frequency bands used by Nascar. I think is was in the range of 465-470mhz so it is not a broad range scanner (no police, fire, etc..)

Comment

Any one able to post a picture of the new 18 volt lithium ion combo kit? It's not on the webpage yet, and I'm wondering what it looks like, and what tools are included. Please post a picture if you're able to.

Comment

Originally posted by dlwhitmore View Post
          Received the radio in my store night before last.

Looks like the scanner is pretty much limited to the frequency bands used by Nascar. I think is was in the range of 465-470mhz so it is not a broad range scanner (no police, fire, etc..)

They should of incorporated satelite radio instead. also a few G.F.I outlets would of been nice

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            Any one able to post a picture of the new 18 volt lithium ion combo kit? It's not on the webpage yet, and I'm wondering what it looks like, and what tools are included. Please post a picture if you're able to.
            They're not the best photos, but better than nothing.

Ridgid Lithium Ion Tools
            Last edited by mdm; 02-29-2008, 12:52 AM.

Comment

i really like the duble charger, new lion can't charge two batteries. I have 9 batteries and the charger really helps me charge them all way faster than regular single charger

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, mdm. Yep, just the same old 18 volt tools, with the new batts. I was kinda hoping it would be a MaxSelect tool kit, as they've been clearancing/pulling them up here in Canada, even though they're still available in the States.

Comment

i just bought the radio and i really like it. I compared to my friend bosch and way better sounds, i has 4 level subwoofer that really rocks. It's verry heavy,ii don't heard the diffrence between power and battery operated. What i really wanted to see is charger but you won't find it in it, also there is no gfci but verry tick electrical wire( i don't really know why) and no CD player! Ipod connection works well but.. i have zune that i like much more than ipod so i'm stock with oux and whenever i wan't to change the song i got to open the front door and that's suck's.. 12v light plug hmmm why not maiking 2? one for the phone and the other one for chargin my zune or heated cup of coffee (no dring holder on the other side too) the display is always on so it's gonna drain my battery probably much faster and.. when you use battery and plug in to the outlet it's fine but when you unpluge the power and got battery in it stop and need's to be turned on. No remonte controll either. There is some kind f scanner but i don't think that 90% contractors will use.. why not make cd player? Who need a race scanner at work? It's well designed but if i where designer i would add some stuppid thing's even something for bit holder or pen holder... For $149+tax i doubt that i keep the radio, i don't wan't to use only i pod that should be eliminated or some kind of opt. but that's my opinion, you may agree or not.. For $99 is worth the price but $160 wit the nj tax it's not.. I will return or i will put on ebay.

Comment

sorry gus for english but i'm still learning how to put them together. BTW nice product but too expensive.. I got almost every ridgid tool that is on the market but i will use my zune and labtec computer speaker's that cost me $70 6 years ago ( i use z5500 now) if this would be made it for zune or at least cd player with mp3 then yes why not..

Comment

Wow The Radio has made its way to HD. I got the Radio 2 Days ago and get real happy to see it on the shelf. So like all good RIDGID tool guys i went to grab it. Thats when i thought my back was going to go out! What and Why is the Radio so heavy???? Needless to say i bought it and when to test it out. Thats when i got it out and powered up and pluged in the ipod. NO IPOD CONTROL. Ok so i got a radio that is Heavy, No Charger , A pointless Nascar scanner ( At lest for me) and to top it off a connector for ipod that you have to open and close just to change a track and no read out on the display.

RIDGID im so disapointed! All the wait, all the hype, all the excitment. I cant believe i have to return (for the first time) a Ridgid tool back to home depot.

Maybe next time you guys will get it right. I hope soon

Comment

Working...
                      X