RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

As promised... this was tough to fit into my schedule today. Hope you enjoy. BTW. Wyatt is ProBrand in case you were wondering who Wyatt is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIFrW1ahQA

Josh

Re: RIDGID Jobsite Radio Video

frist of all josh and wyatt thank you!, second i really like the scanner that is awesome(i go to about 5 races a year) but will it pick up police fire ect...? very nice job i don't really need this but hummmm he with the most toys wins!!!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

That's pretty cool! Does it charge the battery as well, or just use it for power on the job site?
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

uses it for power only
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The IPOD feature is awesome!!!!
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Ipod for the tekkies and scanner for the NASCAR rednecks

I see Ridgid is reaching out it's customer base

Comment

NICE!! Sign me up for one, that is sweet that it docks in with the IPod. Especially since everyone has been saying that they will be going for $99. I mean, the Bosch is like $119 (I think) and then you have to pay an additional $40 for the IPOD case...

Well, to me though the battery charging capability isn't a big deal since I am not a contractor, I guess it just means that people will have to bring and plug in there charger also.

Josh, are you guys located in St. Louis? Or where does the engineering for Ridgid (or TTI) take place?

Comment

Josh, ProBrand - good call fellas. Nice looking unit. As others have stated, the iPod / MP3 player compatibility is a good feature, but the best part of that feature is the built-in secure docking for that - nicely done. Looks like a well built unit, nice feature with the scannner capability - very cool, very smart. The battery-powered capability is also very handy, and is one of the biggest features we've all been asking for. Not having a battery charger feature is sort of a drag, but at the same time, not too bad - if you have a plug for a radio, you have a plug for a charger.

I don't know if I really overly like the cosmetic appearance, though. Looks sort of strange/different/unusual compared to the overall brand designs of the various power tools. Hard to say, though - I will have to see it in the flesh so-to-speak before I can really make a judgement call on that.

Overall though, looks very promising. Josh, thanks again on filling us in, as promised. Very much appreciated.

Is there an ETA on this item being on the store shelves???

Comment

after viewing the video for the second time i noticed the plug does not have a lighted end with a pic of the tool.... er radio, like all the other non plumbing tools, i wonder if that will change in the production model?
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I too noticed this, OSC. It would be nice, and stay in the common practice with most of Ridgid's other plug-in tools (Hint, hint). Wait and see, like you said - the production model may vary.

Not a deal breaker for me - I'll be running mine via battery for the most part. So, I won't be one using the cord a lot.

Speaking of which.....Josh?????????? Is there some sort of a cord wrap on the radio for the cord when not in use? I saw the area for where the battery (s) will fit, but I didn't see anything for storing the cord.

Also, one other idea, Josh - is this going to be sold as a stand-alone item/tool, or will it be offered as a tie in with some sort of other tools or a higher AH LI battery or something?

Curiousity is killing this cat.

Comment

Cord wraps around the top of the roll cage. Secures very well. I believe it will sell as a standalone but thats really a guess on my part. We'll see if probrand chimes in.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Cord wraps around the top of the roll cage. Secures very well. I believe it will sell as a standalone but thats really a guess on my part. We'll see if probrand chimes in.

Josh
                        Awesome, thank you. Good to hear that the cord secures well. Thanks again for the persistent work in getting this info to us, and posting the vid.

And if yourself or ProBrand knows, will it work with all versions of the iPod, like the new iPod Touch and the new iPhone? I'm pretty sure the connection port is the same, but not too sure - also, whether internal dimensions would allow those to fit.

Okay, I'll let others ask questions. Good job it appears with this very highly awaited item - kudos to all those involved in the design & engineering of this.

(Hey, post 100 - do I get a cookie now? )

Comment

Thanks Josh and Probrand,

It's very nice of you to go to all this extra work, when we all know how busy you are. Radio has some nice features and I'll look forward to seeing the specs on this (scanner coverage frequencies, etc.)

Very nice feature is that it will take any of the batteries. Good thinking on the part of the designers.

Thanks again,

CWS

Comment

Great job guys I am looking forward to seeing one up close. I like the DC outlet on the side but I am curious as to whether the ipod door will hold up to jobsite abuse.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I guess i can put my make up in the ipod compartment

Comment

Working...
                              X