No announcement yet.

For the Record- Is the Radio a charger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For the Record- Is the Radio a charger?

maybe they are paying massive rolaltys?
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
      maybe they are paying massive rolaltys?
      Or maybe Bosch owns big yeller
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

i have been saying this for years!!!!!
        Well you didn't tell me!

Comment

While sorting out why this "Job Site Radio" will not have a built in charger, will Ridgid when they market that higher AH 18 volt lithium battery provide a charger which will charge both nicads and lithiums? The charger that came with my Ryobi lithium drill/flashlight kit will do both. If I'm correct someone mentioned that Ryobi and Ridgid are made by the same factory?

Comment

I just noticed - no CD player???

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
              it plays your ipod
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

No CD player, but there is an AUX input so you could use a compact CD player and just plug a line into the Ridgid Radio. My kids have ipods and I guess it's a good idea because it will save a lot of battery power not spinning that CD motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  ...will Ridgid...provide a charger which will charge both nicads and lithiums?
                  The charger that comes with the new 18V compact lithium ion drill WILL charge both nicads and lithiums. However, there is not a capable stand-alone-buyable charger.

I have a feeling that Ridgid will soon be selling one of the NiCad / LI chargers, in a dual port charger, that will be able to charge all voltages, including 24 volt. Sounds like good business sense, and I would imagine they would do that right around the same time they release the new higher Ah 18v LI battery.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

Comment

it plays your ipod
                      Yeah, but burnt CD's are a heck of a lot cheaper than an iPod. I'm thinking of picking one up, but I'm not sure if I would trust it in a radio that is to be used on a jobsite, exposed to weather and other nasty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        I'm crossing my fingers and toes!
                        Just don't hold your breath. Wishful (out-loud) thinking on my part, I guess.

Comment

At first I thought... No cd player?? as well... but with the aux it allows you to use whatever you want. Also.. how often are you switching cds in and out on the jobsite? just curious. I would think most people listen to the radio. With an ipod you can load it up and let er go for the day or week or year whatever. Just make sure you pick someones ipod with better music than ProBrands ;-)

Comment

I agree for a jobsite radio a cd player probably isn't that practical. However if it could read mp3's on burnt cd's that would be nice. You can toss a few hundred songs on a cd and not risk bringing an expensive ipod in to a worksite.

Comment

Yeah, but burnt CD's are a heck of a lot cheaper than an iPod. I'm thinking of picking one up, but I'm not sure if I would trust it in a radio that is to be used on a jobsite, exposed to weather and other nasty stuff.
                              Get a cheapo MP3 player. You can get a Samsung from Bestbuy (refurb Canada) for $25.00. It's more environmentally sealed and (should be) less prone to mechanical failure than a CD player.

Comment

In a few years people will be having the same nostalgic conversation about CDs that was just posted about 8 tracks. Ridgid is right to exclude a CD player from the new radio.
                                I was shopping for ski jacket, and they all had pockets specifically designed for iPods and holes to route the earphone cords. Some jackets even have "stop" and "play" buttons integrated into the exterior of the sleeve.
                                I'm having my iPod surgically implanted into my ear drum.
                                Kids these days are afraid to have a second of silence in their lives.
                                And yes, I'm 31 years old and already a sarcastic curmudgeon.

Comment

Working...
                                X