Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For the Record- Is the Radio a charger?

So besides missing the battery charger, and a CD player, what else is missing?

Josh, I would have loved to see a Weather Radio, and maybe an LED extension work light, and short-wave would have been cool. But then even better than that, have you seen these little plug-in coolers that they have. Not too big, but they could've incorporated one that would hold a couple of sandwishes, some fruit salad, and a couple of cans of soda. And a flip-up mirror would have been nice, as well as maybe a first-aid kit built into one end, or even better, an inflator with a booster battery in case the truck battery went dead. Of course I realize this would add to the weight, so maybe some wheels on end and a fold-out pull-handle on the other.

Please keep the price under $100 though.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

Hell ...while we are at it , lets add a wood working calculator
      to the keypad and a recording memo dictator for those
      "what was that measurement again ?" moments, a pocket for memo
      tablets and pencils along with a built in pencil sharpener!

Ohh ....and a mini portable tv with dvd player would be nice too !
      Last edited by Davet; 12-20-2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

And how about a webcam, so I can set it up in a corner and secretly watch my subcontractors to see who is ripping me off!

Comment

[QUOTE=CWSmith;110825]So besides missing the battery charger, and a CD player, what else is missing?

A death ray and mute button that will work on the wife!
          How about a holder for the 1/2" heavy duty impact I've been asking for?
          Maybe a dock on top to spin the Jobsite Blender? Pina Colada anyone?

Comment

Which one were you planning to use on the wife? The death ray or the mute button? There have been times . . . . well I'll just leave it at that

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog View Post
              Which one were you planning to use on the wife? The death ray or the mute button? There have been times . . . . well I'll just leave it at that

Comment

"Josh, I would have loved to see a Weather Radio,..."

Yeah, that's something I put on the wish list many months ago. It would have been easy to incorporate into the FM tuner, since the WX channels are not that far away from the FM broadcast band. Would have been a handy feature when you're out on a jobsite and a storm or tornado is blowing up out of nowhere.

I can just see the headlines:

"RIDGID Radio saves lives!!" in 96 point type.

Alas, it was not meant to be. If only they had scanned the forum for suggestions on what to include in a radio, they'd be jumping off the shelves right now.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob D.

Very good idea and while they were at it have it blow a loud alarm when NOAA issues a local storm warning. Radio Shack used to have such radios that connected to 120 Volts AC power and had battery backup. I had one until **&&^% happened to it and plan to get another soon if they still have them.

UPDATE: Here is one by Radio Shack that's very much like what I had. I may order one after the holiday rush is over.
                  http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

NOAA - National Weather Service Radio Information: http://www.weather.gov/nwr/
                  Last edited by Woussko; 12-20-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Just make sure you pick someones ipod with better music than ProBrands ;-)
                    I was going to say the same thing after I saw the video, but I didn't want to upset him - I didn't want to cause any other product launch delays!

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog View Post
                      There really would be no need for the mute function once the death ray is used.

Comment

as far as not having a charger on it i don't use the one on my dewalt much i always have charger out . so its not a big deal to me not to have a charger in it ,i think the ipod port will sell it and as long as it gets good reception in a basement it will be a big seller
                        i just might get one
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Guys
                          The concept of a "radio charger" was design patented by Dewalt (Black & Decker). Bosch thought they could get around that patent in court, so they introduced their jobsite radio with a battery charger in it.

B&D took Bosch to court and the design patent was upheld in court causing Bosch a lot of $ to continue making their unit. No one else (Makita, Milwaukee etc) has introduce a radio charger because B&D will land on them for Millions of $.

I can't imagine Ridgid's radio would be a charger...it would cost them way to much to ever break even on it.

Comment

why dont they just make the ipod built in and how about have a built in notebook computer

Comment

I can't imagine Ridgid's radio would be a charger...it would cost them way to much to ever break even on it.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll bet there's a way around that patent. Design the radio so that the charger is sold separately, but snaps into a predesigned area. By doing this the radio is "Not" sold with a charger, but once the customer purchases the add on unit it will have one. Any thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X