Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Record- Is the Radio a charger?

If so----I am into some ridgid cordless for my new crew that does trim. If not I am staying yellow.

So.....IS IT A CHARGER?

Re: For the Record- Is the Radio a charger?

no dewalt still holds the patten
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Now if Ridgid would just build a charger which plugs into your truck we could plug it into the radio's outlet.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Everyone should feel lucky to even get a radio, considering how Ridgid has been flaky with the handling of their tool line.....like the whole MaxSelect fiasco - is it discontinued or not??? Regardless, I will have to see it in a store to believe it....keeping that in mind, can you believe how they dropped the ball in not getting it into stores for Christmas??? Who launches a product in January or February???? Yeeeeeeeegads........
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
          correct

Comment

Guess What - if you can plug the radio in, then you can plug a charger in. Unless you are using the radio with a battery, then no radio would charge a battery using battery power. Oh I forgot that yellow can do anything, and I have a few that had to be replaced after the warranty ran out, yellow is nothing more then re branded b&d, of which I was told they were a lot better, and would last and last, I got sucked in, and cost me a lot of money. As you can tell I really don't care for yellow, I owned them, and I would not recommend them to anyone, except weekend warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by spintyer View Post
              Guess What - if you can plug the radio in, then you can plug a charger in. Unless you are using the radio with a battery, then no radio would charge a battery using battery power. Oh I forgot that yellow can do anything, and I have a few that had to be replaced after the warranty ran out, yellow is nothing more then re branded b&d, of which I was told they were a lot better, and would last and last, I got sucked in, and cost me a lot of money. As you can tell I really don't care for yellow, I owned them, and I would not recommend them to anyone, except weekend warriors.

i have been saying this for years!!!!!
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

DeWalt holds what patent? For a jobsite radio with a charger in it? The Bosch has a charger in it does it not? What about the Milwaukee model? I don't see how having a feature such as a built-in charger is patentable. It is was then if I am first to patent a hammer with a claw on it no one else can right?

The only mobile (12V DC sourced) charger I have seen is the one that ryobi sells. Seems like a good idea I don't understand why RIDGID and others don't offer one. Yes, you can charge your batteries by plugging you charger into regular AC mains or a portable generator but with a 12V charger you can recharge while traveling from job to job.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

no bob none of the others have a charger, and paslode make a 12v pulg for there charger
                  Last edited by oldslowchevy; 12-19-2007, 09:51 PM.
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

no bob none of the others have a charger

WRONG OSC

The Bosch Powerbox Specs
                    Radio/CD run off Bosch batteries or AC power - 12V, 14.4V, 18V, 24V
                    Integrated jobsite CD player with CD-R/RW and MP3 compatibility 40 second skip-free protection
                    4-way GFCI protected outlet Power-up jobsite tools and equipment. Meets OSHA requirements
                    Best Reception - Upgraded Antenna and Advanced Digital Tuner
                    Best Sound - Premium Speakers, More Power, and separate Bass and Treble control
                    Exclusive Remote Control Stores on Power Box or on Key Ring
                    FM Stereo AM tuner with 20 FM and 10 AM station presets
                    Charges 12V - 24V Bosch batteries BAT025, BAT026, BAT040, BAT043, BAT045, BAT030, BAT031, BAT120, BAT140, BAT180, BAT181, BAT240
                    Four preset equalizer settings and enhanced "Bosch Sound"
                    Protective aluminum roll cage Protects unit from a 10 foot jobsite drop and is designed for increased durability on the job
                    Radio and CD Player operate on Bosch Battery Packs - 12V - 24V
                    Sealed Buttons, Speakers, Battery Chamber Protects Unit From Dust and Weather
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

i stand corrected then
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The Bosch radio charges their 12-24v nicd batteries:
                        http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54934&I=54975
                        They probably pay royalties to Dewalt for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          The only mobile (12V DC sourced) charger I have seen is the one that ryobi sells. Seems like a good idea I don't understand why RIDGID and others don't offer one. Yes, you can charge your batteries by plugging you charger into regular AC mains or a portable generator but with a 12V charger you can recharge while traveling from job to job.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/at...productID=1890
                          Dewalt also makes a 12v version for most of their chargers. I've looked into them but they're usually so expensive it's not worth it. It's much cheaper to just get a small inverter for the AC ones. I wonder if it's really all that difficult or expensive to just offer a charger that can run off both sources.

Comment

Originally posted by spintyer View Post
                            i have a lot of the yellow cordless tools and i say they hold up good so i dont know what you did to your tools so i like them
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Well then how is bosch doing it?

Comment

Working...
                              X