X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt Biscuit Joiner

Noticed the DeWalt Mdl DW683K Joiner at he Local Lowes for $95.00..Seems a good price I have been wanting one any comments pro or cons?

Re: DeWalt Biscuit Joiner

Do you mean the DW682K? If so, it's a very high quality joiner and at that price a good buy.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes I did mean the 682, headed to Lowes now. Thanks

Comment

I will be curious to hear your honest opinion once you give it a test run texan123. I looked at that same joiner yesterday on Amazon.com (have a coupon expiring today that was burning a hole in my pocket). I read many reviews on amazon and other sites as time permitted. Many said that the biscuit would be off by 1/32nd in thicker wood casing a racking/alignment issue and that it was hard to get the fence to get to 90 degrees without some light sanding or modifications to the tool. Many others, however, stated they loved the tool and worked great. In the end I chose the Porter Cable as it was only $25 more with my discount and seemed to offer a couple more functions and better reviews over all. It should be arriving tomorrow! We can compare and I'll see if I could have saved some $$$ and stuck with the DeWalt?!?!
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

The PC557 is generally regarded as a better tool according to most reviews I've seen but the Dewalt is also very well regarded. I went with the PC joiner but for that price I would definately pick up the Dewalt.

Comment

Yeah the PC is a better tool overall. But for that price you really can't go wrong. I have this plate joiner and i love it.

Comment

Working...
            X