X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.6 screwdriver

Hey guys, new to the forum, just wanted to give a review of this tool, I had a credit at HD and decided to add this to my 18v Ridgid collection.

I was worried about the power, and was prepared to return this if it did not perform, I put 2 exterior doors w/screendoors and frames, kitchen counter tops, and 10 window blinds and I hate switching the hammer drill between drilling and driving, not to mention the thing gets heavy after a couple of hours.

Let me say I was VERY impressed with the screwdriver. It is very light and fit in my pocket, it had tons of power and had no problem driving 3" screws into the door frames. Might not be enough on a heavy job site, but great for everything else. $65 bargain.

Definatly keepin' this one. Good job Ridgid!
    P.S. Ridgid, Please wait a month or two before replacing this with an even lighter, more powerfull lithium so I feel like I got my monies worth.

Re: 9.6 screwdriver

Just got one yesterday, with the 8 pc. kit, I agree, tried it on 3" screws, no problem. Great addition to my tool box.

Comment

Have had my 9.6v screwdriver for a year now. Bought it last year about this time with the two nail gun kit that was being offered at XMAS at HD. I am having a hard time putting this thing down because it just falls into that niche of being able to do a range of jobs, light weight, and the batteries last perfectly during the job. Have a few other drills, including the new 18v compact lithium, but this is the one that gets the most work because of it's versatility. I grab something else when it comes to drilling and stuff like that, but, when I venture out on a job where things are kind of unknown as to what to bring, you can bet that the 9.6v makes the travelling squad and definitely gets used. Doubt that you'll be returning this one after you've used it a while.

Comment

Can this item be purchased individually or do you have to buy the 8 pc kit? I have been trying to find it with no luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hibberts View Post
          Can this item be purchased individually or do you have to buy the 8 pc kit? I have been trying to find it with no luck!
          It can be purchased separate from HD for about $69 dollars right now.

Comment

Ive heard that this little drill packs a punch and is a bit better than the dewalt 7.2.

Comment

any thing is better the de worthless......
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                any thing is better the de worthless......
                I'd sure like to see Ridgid spank DeWalt with their own version of a 1/2" heavy duty impact gun 18volt or 24 Max Select. Not to mention a few of the other tools DeWalt currently offers. Ridgid makes fine cordless tools, just needs to offer a wider variety.

Comment

Did you ever check the recalls list, if you do, you better have lots of time to read thru the dewalt list, as it seems to grow all the time. That's from jamming tools out on the market long before proper testing is completed, and I would just guess that the same tool gets changed as the warranties come in, and they find out where the problems are. dewalt does have more selection than anyone else, that is their market strategies, it works for them.

Comment

Originally posted by spintyer View Post
                    Did you ever check the recalls list, if you do, you better have lots of time to read thru the dewalt list, as it seems to grow all the time. That's from jamming tools out on the market long before proper testing is completed, and I would just guess that the same tool gets changed as the warranties come in, and they find out where the problems are. dewalt does have more selection than anyone else, that is their market strategies, it works for them.
                    It seems like this is the strategy of choice for electronics as well. Use the public as the beta testers and as long as you beat the competition to market you still win, even after recalls. It is irritating, but consumers who want the newest, hippest things out are to blame. So many people don't even seem to care if it works as long as they look cool. I just had to buy a new wireless phone and found out the best way to get information on how to use it is in a forum just like this one--forget the manufacturer, forget the manual, forget the carrier. Pretty weak.
                    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

BTW I use the 9.6 all the time. I got it in the brad and finish nailer combo. I love it. I use it to secure the boots of drawer runners in the back of cabinets and it is like a magic wand the way it will place a screw. I wish I had a spare battery with it, but it charges in 20min so it is no big deal.
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

in my home depot (NJ) there is plenty on the shelfs for $67 including 2 batteries, tool holder, charger and a bag. I got it for $59 and 20% coupon but it's still good deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X