X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's coming new, Ridgid???

I was surprised that there were no packaged deals this year like last year's finish and brad nailer with the powered screwdriver. Some things that I did notice was a price drop on the router ($180), price increase on the Lithium 18v drill w/2 batteries to $187, and the 5pc 18v dropped to $300 in this week's ad. I am interested in the radio when it comes out. I would like to see more tools added to the Max Select line like a grinder, sander and some other options like LED lights. The Ryobi line has just about anything you can imagine. Overall, I am completely satisfied with every Ridgid tool I own.

Comment

i completely don't understand what is the big fuss with a cordless radio???

then again maybe it's because i'm not a contractor or something like that...

to be honest, it's a completely waste of a tool imo...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
        i completely don't understand what is the big fuss with a cordless radio???

then again maybe it's because i'm not a contractor or something like that...
        True, that could be why. But I'm not a contractor, just a home hobbyist do-it-yourselfer essentially, but I get it.

It's the same sort of reason why someone buys a certain pickup, be it a Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, or Toyota.

It's about brand loyalty, and showing that off. It's about loving your tools, and proclaiming it loudly. It's also about having a really good little boombox that you can crank up when the wife comes into the garage nagging at you that you've been out playing in the garage too long, she's stuck in the house making supper, but you're farting around in the garage drinking beer, so she doesn't have any respite from her work, why should you get to have any enjoyment???!?!!?!!

Sorry. Where was I?

Comment

Just got the Ridgid Boxing Week flyer....nothing of note/worth on sale. Even talked to a friend of mine that's a manager and he was even disappointed. Guess the clear out won't happen till January or February. Gotta get the HD card paid off so that I'm ready when the deals hit..........
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Sunday, got the 5pc combo and a left over 2pc from last christmas(hammerdrill and jig saw) for 299 and 79,respectively, less 10% off coupon. Both have 2.5ah batts. and the 5pc has the twin charger. Both are gifts for one of my sons. I figure he's pretty well set for a while. Fishing around HD is a great way to ferret out deals and build up your tool catalog.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              Sunday, got the 5pc combo and a left over 2pc from last christmas(hammerdrill and jig saw) for 299 and 79,respectively, less 10% off coupon. Both have 2.5ah batts. and the 5pc has the twin charger. Both are gifts for one of my sons. I figure he's pretty well set for a while. Fishing around HD is a great way to ferret out deals and build up your tool catalog.
              daym it why can't my hd have these kind of deals?

Comment

humbletile said:
                I have to original four piece 24v set $400 and two weeks after buying it I see it for $250.
                What are the options as far as 24v sets now? I picked up the 5pc NiCd set for 299 after new years but haven't opened it as I'm really leaning toward Li-ion for the longer runtime and greater torque. But the only 24v set I see is the 3pc for $379. I'd love to get a 4 pc for $400 or even $250! Are those still available, or are there any other options for 24v other than the current 3pc set?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

I believe that they have discontinued the 4 piece 24 volt set. I believe the only option right now for a 24 volt set is the 3 piece one. But who knows - there may be an HD out there that still has a 4 piece set gathering dust in an overhead storage area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugaalf View Post
                    Anyone know when the 3650 might go on sale?
                    Anyone know if Ridgid is going to market a hybrid (full size contractor saw with the motor tucked inside the enclosure)?

Ridgid is currently the only major player who doesn't offer one...Steel City, Shop Fox, Delta, General International, Hitachi, Jet, Craftsman, Woodtek, Sunhill, DeWalt, and Grizzly all have at least one....some have several. Even Canadian companies like Craftex, King, and Canwood all have one.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                      Anyone know if Ridgid is going to market a hybrid (full size contractor saw with the motor tucked inside the enclosure)?

Ridgid is currently the only major player who doesn't offer one...Steel City, Shop Fox, Delta, General International, Hitachi, Jet, Craftsman, Woodtek, Sunhill, DeWalt, and Grizzly all have at least one....some have several. Even Canadian companies like Craftex, King, and Canwood all have one.
                      There is something called the 3660 in the works, but from the one thing on here that I read about it, it is just an updated 3650, although that was all that was said...

I got the Ridgid featherboard the other week, and it says that it works with the 3650 and 3660, so it must be in the works.

Josh, can you shed some light on this for us?

Comment

Hey Josh, any suprises at the Kentucky show????
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Regarding the new 3.0 Ah LI batteries, funny thing is, apparently these new items and batteries are *supposed* to be available / in stores for this weekend (hopefully). And yes, some are listed on eBay. However, I just checked the HD webpage to look at their flyer (hasn't been one in 2 or 3 weeks), and there is not a single mention of these new tools or anything. If Ridgid doesn't advertise, and HD doesn't to either, is this forum really the only advertising spot for Ridgid tools??

Comment

Working...
                          X