X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's coming new, Ridgid???

Just thought I'd start this. I've checked the new online flyers for this next weekend / week coming up. Both for HD US, and HD Canada. Nothing exciting or special when it comes to Ridgid tools. So, the question I have for Ridgid folks (Josh, ProBrand, et al) on here is...

1. When is the radio coming out?
    2. What's up with the MaxSelect tool line up?
    3. Any other new power tools coming out?
    4. Any special sales coming soon? Any sales? Any promotions?
    5. What's the status of further lithium ion batteries and/or tools, in either 18 or 24 volt?

Now, I know that there are competitors trudging around on this forum, so the Ridgid company men on here need to be careful of what they post. And I know that HD sales are not overtly dictated by Ridgid (even though Ridgid can't deny that it doesn't have a fairly large say). I understand both of these facts. But there's gotta be something happening?!?! I mean, this upcoming weekend is the last one before Christmas - and ziltch, nada, niet!

Please, feed us! Us tool boys want to be fed new info! Pretty please!?!!?!?!

Re: What's coming new, Ridgid???

I would be happy to see a Home Depot deal on some 24 volt lithium batteries. I returned a couple of MaxSelect battery starter kits in favour of the 18 volt lithium batteries packaged with the drill - even though I didn't need another drill you might as well get one considering the less money spent. Still looking at those 24 volt.... Would even grab a combo kit for the batteries and bag and sell off the rest of the tools on eBay if the price was right....Am on the look out as well for a Milwaukee V28 impact wrench, so maybe there'll be a gift card/tool discount that would make that worthwhile. Or maybe there'll be no deals and after Christmas will suck at HD. Of course, it changes week to week. Last week Milwaukee 18 volt 4 piece kit was less than $400 with a free radio rebate, this week it's back up to $599. Hasn't been a crazy promo since the week of the MaxSelect blow out.....got 'em all except for the recip saw and circular saw which I have in Milwaukee.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Anyone know when the 3650 might go on sale?

Comment

I admit that I just don't know enough to understand the threat a competitor would pose by reading any news on this site? Ridgid holds all the cards as far as I can tell. Ridgid could have introduced a greater variety of tools and higher AH batteries for the holiday season, but that has not happened. If I was a competitor I would be wondering why I've gotten a free ride for so long? Ryobi comes out with a 2.4AH back fitting lithium battery and a slew of tools, even if they're not of the same quality as Ridgid they are out there on shelves. The same can be said of just about every other major brand DeWalt, Milwaukee, Bosch,etc. As a consumer and Ridgid owner I want accessories to add to my current 18 volt tools, I want more tools without having to buy another brand. Instead of being concerned about a competitor reading this site, Ridgid should be concerned with us the consumers not getting the products we are asking for and going elsewhere. The radio looks interesting and should do well, but what a wait! Does Dewalt have the sole legal rites to all the other tools we've been asking for? No. Does Ryobi? No. I've seen 1/2" heavy duty impact guns for under $100.00 by several manufacturers, why can't Ridgid sell one for my 18 volt battery? There have been some real good suggestions and requests on this site, but instead of seeing more Ridgid tools and accessories in Home Depot, I see less. Makes no business sense to me and I sure don't see Ridgid's competitors following their lead in holding back.

Comment

I am sure it is frustrating for Proband and Josh have to listen to all the criticism of Ridgid. But the most frustrating thing for me as a owner of many Ridgid tools with almost a $700 in Ridgid cordless tools. I have to original four piece 24v set $400 and two weeks after buying it I see it for $250. I bought the compact 18v drill $179 and now $99. Every time I buy a new tool Ridgid cuts the price and my tools are worth 1/2 what they were when I bought them. All this does not encourage me to buy new products when they come out. The loyal Ridgid users that buy things when they are released get screwed.

As far as I know right now I have $700 dollars in cordless tools that I can't replace the batteries. I have no idea if I will be able to buy new tools that I may need or want. When you buy cordless tools you are investing in a line of tools that you trust will supply the support and tools you need to do your job. That to me is Ridgid's biggest flaw. Great tools. But they don't support their tool lines.

Say what you will about Dewalt and Makita cordless tools but both have over 30 tools in their line. And you can buy batteries at any home improvement store or any number of websites. If I lose my batteries or even just my charger I have $700 worth of junk. Makes it hard when your income depends on your tools.

Comment

[
            Say what you will about Dewalt and Makita cordless tools but both have over 30 tools in their line. And you can buy batteries at any home improvement store or any number of websites. If I lose my batteries or even just my charger I have $700 worth of junk. Makes it hard when your income depends on your tools.[/QUOTE]

You could probably replace your charger and batteries from someone selling on E-Bay, but I agree that these basic tool accessories should be readily available at Home Depot. It's hard to give feedback or critism without sounding meanspirited which is not my intention. Like many Ridgid owners, I just want a bigger selection of tools and accessories, that's all.

Comment

Guys.. I am pushing as hard as I can to reveal as much as possible. As far as sales I know there are some HD people on here that may be able to clue some of us in.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Guys.. I am pushing as hard as I can to reveal as much as possible. As far as sales I know there are some HD people on here that may be able to clue some of us in.

Josh
                Im as clueless as the next HD apron. I dont hear much about sales until I actually find a flyer. We dont have many in the store usually and I dont subscribe to the paper. When I worked at Sears I could look up and see ahead of time what and when something was going on sale, but I dont have that access at HD.

I can tell that the radio is in the computer, but still inactive at this point, meaning no orders can be placed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by humbletile View Post
                  I have to original four piece 24v set $400 and two weeks after buying it I see it for $250. I bought the compact 18v drill $179 and now $99.
                  Couple of things to say on this. Since Ridgid has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee anytime within that 90 days the price does drop feel free to bring in your receipt and HD will refund you the difference. I've done it countless of times as a hardware associate.

Also about the 18v lithium drill for $99, I'm not sure if you noticed, but the lithium kit for 99 has only one battery where the $179 has two. Big difference there.

I'm all about people bashing Ridgid and HD when it is warranted but I'd like people to have the facts before they complain about things.

Comment

Originally posted by cellardoor View Post
                    Couple of things to say on this. Since Ridgid has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee anytime within that 90 days the price does drop feel free to bring in your receipt and HD will refund you the difference. I've done it countless of times as a hardware associate.

Also about the 18v lithium drill for $99, I'm not sure if you noticed, but the lithium kit for 99 has only one battery where the $179 has two. Big difference there.

I'm all about people bashing Ridgid and HD when it is warranted but I'd like people to have the facts before they complain about things.
                    You beat me to it, Cellardoor.

Yes, within 90 days of a sale, bring it your receipt, get the difference. Also, $99 LI drill, yes only one battery (a big price difference, due to the big set difference with only one battery).

I also agree with Cellardoor on the Ridgid bashing. Even though I've been one to do it myself with a few past issues , that is not the intention with this thread right now. Just wanting to create a fresh thread on here to see if anyone within the information flow has heard of anything coming up or soon-to-be-happening. It just seems a little bit dry of activity in the last little bit for us tool-whore-deal-hunters.

Comment

Well I'm not sure if this news has broke yet but a 12v Ridgid Lithium driver is in the works and an inactive SKU in the HD computer. I found out about it a while ago but forgot to post it here and had to dig up the info about it I wrote down on my desk.

Here's what I know:

12v Lithium Ridgid Driver
                      Model R82007
                      HD SKU 589891
                      Price: $129

I haven't seen any pictures but I would assume it is going to look very similar to the new Milwaukee one pictured below.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well I'm not sure if this news has broke yet but a 12v Ridgid Lithium driver is in the works and an inactive SKU in the HD computer. I found out about it a while ago but forgot to post it here and had to dig up the info about it I wrote down on my desk.

Here's what I know:

Model R82007
                        HD SKU 589891

I haven't seen any pictures but I would assume it is going to look very similar to the new Milwaukee one pictured below.
                        I sure hope the battery for this 12volt will back fit my Ridgid 12volt Right Angle Impact Driver. I like this tool but could really use the features of a lithium battery. If not guess it wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Here's what I know:

Model R82007
                          HD SKU 589891

Another piece of info to drool over for the next little bit. Can't wait for that. I've been holding off on getting a little Bosch PS20 thing, or that new Milwaukee one. A nice fit, and obviously the market is primed for it right now - those little things are just flying off of the shelves. I just hope that since it's in the computer, it's released before my birthday in March.

And...I think I'm in love with you, Cellardoor. Pregnant wife be damned! You're getting in my will!!!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post

And...I think I'm in love with you, Cellardoor. Pregnant wife be damned! You're getting in my will!!!
                            Thanks. I do what I can. Getting to HD at 5am with no work to do until about 7 leaves me with a lot of time to mess around on the computer and search for all the new tool items in the computer. I pretty much post here everything important I find. I know you tool people are like little kittens trying to suckle at the information mother cat's teat. (Not sure if that was the right analogy or not but it's what I went with)

About the time thing I have no way of getting any further information on that. Some SKU's are inactive for only a week before become active and on order and some can be that way for months. I don't know the date of when I broke the confirmed SKU of the radio but it had to have been a few months ago.

Also maybe a little update on the radio. My Ridgid rep this week said that all the radios are ready to be shipped out and are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere but Ridgid is waiting for some lawsuits to be closed. I'm not sure if he is referencing the Bosch/ DeWalt charger one or not but that's all I know.

Comment

Also maybe a little update on the radio. My Ridgid rep this week said that all the radios are ready to be shipped out and are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere but Ridgid is waiting for some lawsuits to be closed. I'm not sure if he is referencing the Bosch/ DeWalt charger one or not but that's all I know.[/QUOTE]

What a tease! This is no way to treat your kittens.

Comment

Working...
                              X