Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Ridgid and Milwaukee almost...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Ridgid and Milwaukee almost...

I have purchased the newest Milwaukee drill / impact driver combo @ HD for a mere $249. It is the 18V Litium Ion kit,serious drill looks almost exacly like my Ridgid 24V XLi monster,save for the batt and color (red in place of orange).

I paid my Ridgid XLi 24V more I paid for the drill and impact,plus the Milwaukee drill runns smoother ! A heck of a deal

The drill is rated at 550lbs-in of max torque versus 615lbs-in for the 24V Ridgid. The 65lbs-in probably commin from the motor getting the 6V extra when you push both.

Very happy with these two,Ridgid and Milwaukee make some great cordless drills.Almost to the standard of the more expensive top O the like Bosch 36V BruteTough hammerdrill !

Re: Interesting Ridgid and Milwaukee almost...

Alot of the ridgid and milwaukee stuff is starting to look alike

Comment

I have the 28 volt Milwaukee and it is kinda insnely overpowered. The drill rips screws to shreds, the reciprocating saw rips wood to shreds.....you get the idea.......oh, and Milwaukee HAS a radio.....pretty cool, although I should have got the impact wrench instead....
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Keep in mind that none of these drills can actually put out 600 in lbs torque. Nobody could even attempt to hold back a T-handle drill that's twisting at 600 in lbs.

Originally posted by MrToolman View Post
        The drill is rated at 550lbs-in of max torque versus 615lbs-in for the 24V Ridgid. The 65lbs-in probably commin from the motor getting the 6V extra when you push both.

Very happy with these two,Ridgid and Milwaukee make some great cordless drills.Almost to the standard of the more expensive top O the like Bosch 36V BruteTough hammerdrill !

Comment

Originally posted by Sceeter W Wheels View Post
          Keep in mind that none of these drills can actually put out 600 in lbs torque. Nobody could even attempt to hold back a T-handle drill that's twisting at 600 in lbs.

We are talking about inch pounds here not foot pounds. Big Difference!

Comment

600 lb-in equals 50 lb-ft. Not unreasonable for a drill going full rpm and then the screw snugs up, particular with the hammer feature.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

And yes 600in-lb of torque equates about 50lb-ft of torque. That is alot for a drill but,I can stall even the Ridgid and hold to it.NOt this is healthy for the motor as the wear is increased many times .

Brushed motors often last very long in drills as the average stress when drilling the small holes is minute.The heat at the comutator/brush level is quite high,the more you ask the higher the drain.

The impact driver is a welcome addition,as driving 6 inch lag bolts is straining even for the most capable classic drills(save the 11 plus AMP 300RPM monsters,that produce over 100lbs-ft of torque not many own or like to hold overhead).

And who wants to fight a large drill driving a few dozen lags anyway ?

Comment

Working...
              X