Senco Products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senco Products

I keep seeing Senco Compressors and nailer's. Are they a good system? I don't read anything about this manufacture.

Re: Senco Products

Yes, Senco is one of the most respected names in nailguns.They make brad nailers, framing nailers,finish nailers,cap nailers and many more.

Comment

I have seen Senco nailer and cordless drills at my ReTool store near home that are used and for sale. I just have never heard of them.

Comment

Senco is one of the big ones but they now build a cheaper line which is sold through Home Depot.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thats good to know! Thank you for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Senco is one of the big ones but they now build a cheaper line which is sold through Home Depot.

Mark
            Is it under the same name? What if different about it? I just about bought one of the kits.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I hope we get some help with this one! My son told me to stay away from Senco from Home Depot also this week. Do they have a good , better and best product line? Is Senco better than Ridgid?

Comment

do your self a favor and either go paslode or bositch, parts and sever is both cheaper and easier, also the hitichi brand makes a dam good nail gun.
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Bostitch is a good system ? Lowe's has a pancake compressor and three nail guns for $228.00 new.

Comment

All i know about Bostitch is it is a division of Stanley tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                      Is it under the same name? What if different about it? I just about bought one of the kits.

They are under the same name. I have a set and they are much better than a Bostich but not as good as the regular Senco line.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have a Senco 18G brad nailer and 1 gallon compressor kit...bought it about three years ago...I use it constantly and it performs like a champ! The compressor works just as good as the day I bought it...and the nailer works just as well. I even dropped the nailer from a 12 foot ladder one day on a job while installing crown molding...it hit the floor and i just knew it was a goner. WRONG! Picked it up, connected it back to the air line, and away I went! I have nothing but positives to say about Senco...just my opinion.
                        Nick

Comment

I have the Senco 3 nail gun kit (15 ga finish, 18 ga brad, and stapler), Ridgid's finish and brad nailers, and Bostitch framing nailer, roofing nailer and Bostitch lathing stapler. They have all performed very well for me without problems or jams. The Bostitch guns are great and are well made and the framing gun has a neat and handy metal connector nailing attachment that is invaluable when you have to shoot nails into metal connector holes half of the day. They have a 5 year warranty - not as good as lifetime, but with that, it appears that they back their product reasonable well. The Senco set is great with no problems and the Ridgids are equally as good in their performance. You can't go wrong with any of the offerings that have been mentioned.

Comment

I like my Bostich 2" Brad nailer. Its light and can really take a beating. It has never jammed up on me. I use Porter Cable at work and most have held up pretty good, other than the one I blew the piston up on. I dont care for Paslode, Ive used up several of their staplers.

The thing to really watch for is interchangeably of nails and staples. Bostich uses a 7/32 crown on their staplers and most others are a 1/4. Same thing with angled finish nailers, you will have to watch the angle. Porter Cable makes nails/staples to fit most other guns, but they list Bostich that I tried out for a customer and the angles are way off. Straight 16 guage and 18 guage brads are pretty universal though.

I havent had Senco guns in years, but I havent heard of customers complaining about them at the store.

Comment

Senco has been the industry standard for years. They are the guns used by the pros in commercial shops. From what I understand the reason that Rigid got into nail/staple guns is becasue they have a former Senco guy in the design/engineering area. DeWalt has a line of them too. It seems that everybody is trying to be into everything. They must be trying to make the "brand loyal" thing bigger, rather than making the absolute best of what they started making in the first place.

Senco has a "home owner" line of nail guns under the brand "Accuset". They are/were wrinkle black with red accent pieces. They are good units that used to sell at my local Lowes. I have not seen them in a retail store for several years though. I have a 2" 18ga brad nailer of the Accuset brand that I use in a commercial shop everyday. When I was looking to buy a 23ga micro pinner, I bought Senco in kit form w/compressor.
                              The only Rigid pnumatic tool I have is a 1/4" crown stapler. It is a very nice unit, very light weight, but still sets staples completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X