X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NiCad batteries in Lithium Ion Drill

I'm thinking about buying the 18 Volt Ridgid compact lithium ion drill, will my 18Volt Ridgid NiCad batteries work in this drill? I inquired at HD and the fella there was unsure. Seems that if they will work I am better off buying the kit with just one battery. Thanks

Re: NiCad batteries in Lithium Ion Drill

The 18 Volt Ridgid NiCad batteries should work well in place of the lithium ion battery, albeit at a considerably heavier weight. The weight of the NiCad battery will impact the drills balance as opposed to the smaller, lighter lithium ion battery weight.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt answer. I figured I would just use one of my current NiCad when the Lithium Ion needs charging. It seems to solidify my decision to buy the $99.00 drill deal at HD. Although now I am going to have to pay attention to what battery goes in what charger. I understand that there are big problems with a Lithium battery in a NiCad charger. Are there consequences to a NiCad battery in a Lithium charger?
      Thanks,
      Sean

Comment

Originally posted by ffsquints View Post
        Thanks for the prompt answer. I figured I would just use one of my current NiCad when the Lithium Ion needs charging. It seems to solidify my decision to buy the $99.00 drill deal at HD. Although now I am going to have to pay attention to what battery goes in what charger. I understand that there are big problems with a Lithium battery in a NiCad charger. Are there consequences to a NiCad battery in a Lithium charger?
        Thanks,
        Sean
        The charger that came with my Ridgid 18V LI compact drill supports all the Nicad batteries. It's listed right on the charger.
        If you are comfortable selling on Ebay, why not buy another 18V one battery set at $100 and sell the drill for $50 and the charger for $25 and you will end up with a second battery for $25.

Comment

Working...
        X