X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid WTS2000L Tile Saw

Has anyone had any experience with this wet saw? Unfortunately I can't seem to find much information on it, aside from what's on the web site (http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WTS2000L...w/EN/index.htm). From what I could tell from the floor model at HD, it seemed pretty solidly built. Couldn't really tell much else because all of the displays I saw had the saw ~6 ft off the ground. I've been searching for a wet saw that will cut 18"s on the diagonal and this really seems to fit the bill, but I'd really like to see if I can get some opinions before I drop $700! That's about the cheapest I can find for a wet saw that will cut that large on the diagonal (unless I check ebay and get some random brand). One thing that worries me a little is that there's a 3 year warranty instead of the standard lifetime warranty on what seems to be their first entry into the wet saw field.Any comments / insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Ridgid WTS2000L Tile Saw

Here's what a bunch of guys who do tiling for a living have to say about the RIDGID Tile Saw over at John Bridge's tile forums.
    http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...idgid+Tile+Saw

Comment

Originally posted by bigscore View Post
      Here's what a bunch of guys who do tiling for a living have to say about the RIDGID Tile Saw over at John Bridge's tile forums.
      http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53067&highlight=Ridgid+Tile+Saw
      yeah, i saw that and read through all the posts. they seem to like it but there's a few guys that don't get past the fact that it's not an mk, target, felker, etc, etc.

i decided to take the plunge since hd has a pretty liberal return policy if it's junk. i got one of those amex wishlist coupons a few weeks back so $698 - 20% so it was $560 and taxes out the door. the dewalt, which it seems to be competing with, would have been ~$400 more. hd had an open box mk-101 for $600 (some stores even have them for less), but I figured I'd give this one a shot since it comes with a stand, cuts 18" tiles on the diagonal and the motor is 1/2 a hp more.

the fact that this only comes with a 3 year warranty bugged me a little at first, but after taking it out of the box, my initial impressions are that this is a quality (and HEAVY!) tool. hopefully when i crank it up for the first time i'll get the same feeling.

i'll probably get started on a small tile job (75 sqft bathroom) next weekend. when i'm through i'll post my impressions here.

Comment

Help! Can not find one website besides Home Depot that is selling this tool. MK, DeWalt and others are easy to find.
        WHG

Comment

You cannot buy this tile saw anywhere besides Home Depot because they are the only ones that sell it. This is true for all the orange-color tools. The red ones are sold in other places.

Comment

The website and number dedicated to the saw are:

www.ridgidsupport.com

(866) 9-ridgid

I love the saw, and haven't heard much otherwise!

Comment

Working...
            X