X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work light on Ridgid 18 Lithium ion Compact Drill

was wondering if it is normal for the work light to stay on (very dim),and wen you squeaze the trigger turns on bright. but stays dimm, slide the battery off and light turns off. anyone know about this?

thanks

luis

Re: work light on Ridgid 18 Lithium ion Compact Drill

Mine turns completely off when the trigger is released. I would like to have the ability to turn it on with a partial trigger pull to aid in locating the target in low visibility conditions. I believe yours is defective. If it is less than three months old, return it to HD for replacement. If older take it to a repair center.

Comment

i just went to check it .and it's not doing it no more. did it twice the first time i ran it, now it's off.kept messing with it, it turns off now

Comment

Keep checking it for a bit. If you just bought it, you have time. Just make sure that you keep an eye on your dates for return/exchange, and also for sending in your info for registration. Sounds like your trigger switch had a sticky lead to it, or something like that. Maybe it just had to get bent/worn in/formed/used for it to properly seat itself. Mine has never done this either, new from the box (actually, with multiple models that I've owned, and those of other family members, who all have bought the same drill). Hopefully, as you say, it was just a 2 time glitch. But if it happens any more, I would exchange it, just to be sure. Probably won't hurt anything (besides a slow drain on the battery), but it's better safe than sorry.

Comment

went back to home depot and returned it, checked all the drills they have and all do the same. i should explain a bit more on what is happening. If you put the drill in the pitch dark you see the light glow, slide the battery off and it turns off. dim is probably too bright of a word to use. glow is better, very tiny, you wont notice unless you put it in the dark. i'm just going to use it send in my warrenty. it could just be the trigger needing to seat propaly

thanks,

luis

p.s i'm glad i found this forum, very helpfull.

Comment

Just bought one and it does the same. Slide the battery in and there is a slight glow (only if you are in the dark), and of course no glow without the battery. Being a LED, and being that dim, I would suggest that the power draw would be so small that it won't make any difference to the battery, unless it was left on for a couple of years or so, the battery probably loses power faster naturally than this tiny draw from the LED.

Comment

Working...
            X