Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Please post HD after Christmas blowouts here.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post HD after Christmas blowouts here.

At my local HD here in Canada that set is still on for $699 as of last night unfortunately. It's a shame there is such a pricing difference for many products between Canada and the US.

Comment

Woo-hoo! My buddy and I each scored the Ridgid 8-piece for $299. I had to try two different HD's to find it and it turned out we got the last two.

Incidentally, if you go into a store and they don't have the marked down price, ask them to check the computer. The staff at the first HD didn't even know about the $299 price until he checked the computer. Unfortunately they didn't have any in stock.

Thanks everyone for the heads-up!
      Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Which 8 piece kit is this?

Is it the same that was on clearance a while back? (5 tools + 3 batteries + charger + bag) model # on that kit was R9223.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
          Which 8 piece kit is this?

Is it the same that was on clearance a while back? (5 tools + 3 batteries + charger + bag) model # on that kit was R9223.

-Chris
          yes it is...man i wished you guys would have made a separate post on this yesterday so I could have seen it a tad earlier, it was there yesterday, now it's all gone...aw well

Comment

It is the R9228 Ultimate 8 piece 18 volt kit that is going for $299. Includes
            • R8411503 X2 Hammer Drill
            • R885 Circular Saw and Blade
            • R8442 Reciprocating Saw and 2 Blades
            • R842301 Impact Driver
            • R8433 Jigsaw and 2 Blades
            • R81030 Pivoting Screwdriver
            • R84040 Caulking Gun
            • R849 Light
            • R840091 Charger
            • 2 18V Batteries
            • 1 9.6V Battery
            • Contractor Bag
            • Manual
            Here's a pic attached. I think I saw one on eBay as a buy it now for $380, so maybe you'll get lucky there.........
            Attached Files
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I'm sure there's all kinds available in Canada at the full $699 price........yeesh....we never get the deals.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Ahh the Ultimate kit.

Still cant figure out why it only comes with 2 18V batteries.

I got the "5 piece" kit when it was on clearance for $269, basically the Ultimate kit minus the caulking gun, screwdriver and jigsaw. But it came with 3 18V batteries, even though it has less 18V tools. Go figure.

I think Ridgid has shot themselves in the foot with so many kit variations. MaX X2, Max 2.5, then God knows how many different "piece" setups they sold. No wonder they are clearing so many out so often!

-Chris

Comment

the r9223 kit was marked down to $299 from $399 and came with 2 18v batteries. it also came with the dual port charger. i also got a 2pc combo(18v jig saw and 18v hammerdrill) for $79. so for $380, we have 2 hammerdrills, an impact driver and jig, recip and circular saws, along with a single and a dual port charger, light and 2.5ah rather than 1.9ah max hc batteries.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The r9228 kit isnt LithIon, is it?

Just checking because the charger included comes up as Lithium Ion charger (probably just because it can also charge LithIon batteries would be my guess).

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                      Ahh the Ultimate kit.

Still cant figure out why it only comes with 2 18V batteries.

I got the "5 piece" kit when it was on clearance for $269, basically the Ultimate kit minus the caulking gun, screwdriver and jigsaw. But it came with 3 18V batteries, even though it has less 18V tools. Go figure.

I think Ridgid has shot themselves in the foot with so many kit variations. MaX X2, Max 2.5, then God knows how many different "piece" setups they sold. No wonder they are clearing so many out so often!

-Chris
                      hey, a HD near by still has a 5 piece kit but the price on it is still $399...is it likely that they just never switched the price tag on it and it's really on clearance for $269? I'd love to add 3 more 2.5Ah batteries to my collection...

its 30 mins away, where i work, so i won't go there til monday likely...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                        hey, a HD near by still has a 5 piece kit but the price on it is still $399...is it likely that they just never switched the price tag on it and it's really on clearance for $269? I'd love to add 3 more 2.5Ah batteries to my collection...

its 30 mins away, where i work, so i won't go there til monday likely...
                        Definitely have them check the computer. Sometimes they have no clue, as I found out with the 8 piece set a few nights ago. They still had it at $499 and were surprised to find it at $299 in the computer. And on that note, why not spend the extra $30 and go for the 8 piece. It's a great deal. I ended up with 2.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
                          Definitely have them check the computer. Sometimes they have no clue, as I found out with the 8 piece set a few nights ago. They still had it at $499 and were surprised to find it at $299 in the computer. And on that note, why not spend the extra $30 and go for the 8 piece. It's a great deal. I ended up with 2.
                          i already got the 8 piece for $270, and i'd like to but there is no more left

i haven't looked closely but chrisexv6 here says that they have 3 2.5Ah Nicad batts...the 8 piece are only 1.9 Ah batts...

if i can get that set for $225, i might be able to sell the tools themselves for $225 or somewhat close to it...and keep the 3 batts..
                          Last edited by DeuceLee; 01-26-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                            i already got the 8 piece for $270, and i'd like to but there is no more left

i haven't looked closely but chrisexv6 here says that they have 3 2.5Ah Nicad batts...the 8 piece are only 1.9 Ah batts...

if i can get that set for $225, i might be able to sell the tools themselves for $225 or somewhat close to it...and keep the 3 batts..
                            I agree, the batteries were a disappointment since they are only the 1.9 amp/hours, but I wasn't too worried because I already have 3 - 2.5a/h with my other kit. The charger is the combo NiCad/LiIon, so that is a plus. At some point you can upgrade to the lithium batteries and not have to buy a new charger.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
                              I agree, the batteries were a disappointment since they are only the 1.9 amp/hours, but I wasn't too worried because I already have 3 - 2.5a/h with my other kit. The charger is the combo NiCad/LiIon, so that is a plus. At some point you can upgrade to the lithium batteries and not have to buy a new charger.
                              true...

i was thinking about buying the 18volt 3.0Ah drill kit with a drill, 2 batts and a charger...

but since i already got a charger that can charge lithiums (hopefully it works with the 3.0Ah), i won't have to buy a separate charger and maybe i should just buy two batts and call it a day...

for some reason i recall a ridgid rep telling me the batts won't be covered if purchased separately, i'll have to double check on that, it wouldn't make any sense tho...

so maybe, i'll just buy the two batts separately, but if the new drill with the 3.0Ah is more powerfull then the drill in the 8 piece kit, i'll just buy the whole drill kit...

can't wait to see that in stores!!!

Comment

Just went to an HD in Detroit today - was told that the radios are still a few weeks away, and the new 18volt lithium ion kits are a month or two away yet.

Also, I went to a local HD in Windsor, Ontario, Canada - they have a mountain full of the 14volt impact driver kits (w/ battery and charger), for only $79 CAD (regular, $139 or $149 I believe?). Sweet deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X