Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please post HD after Christmas blowouts here.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post HD after Christmas blowouts here.

I can't get to Home Depot until later today, but I am dying to know what tools they are marking down and blowing out in their yearly after Christmas markdowns (preferably Ridgid, but other killer tool deals too). Please list your region of the country too.
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Re: Please post HD after Christmas blowouts here.

Originally posted by joe_d View Post
    I can't get to Home Depot until later today, but I am dying to know what tools they are marking down and blowing out in their yearly after Christmas markdowns (preferably Ridgid, but other killer tool deals too). Please list your region of the country too.
    I was in an HD store here in New Mexico earlier today and bought a Bosh 1/4 sheet sander for $29.99, regular price $49.99. I think thats a fairly good deal. I also picked up a Proter Cable pin nailer for $99.00, regular price $129.99 I think. Wasn't in the market for either but couldn't pass it up.
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

I was there this morning. NO DEALS other than ones they've had for weeks now.

Ern

Comment

Nothing really in my neck of the woods:

Southern Ontario - nothing special discount wise in tools. Mostly just Workforce stuff on for 25% off or so. Nothing decent with any name brand tools.

Michigan - nothing worthwhile really either. Mostly, it's all a "storage solutions" promotion going on right now. A 20% discount on the odd category of thing here or there (interior lights, paint, ceiling fans, etc.). And of course 50% off of holiday items. The older Ridgid 18 volt 5-piece X2 NiCad combo kit is on for $299 (was $399). But it's been like that since before this past weekend before Christmas, I believe. Nothing special on tools or stuff like that.

Comment

Nothing too spectacular has happened except for a couple of things have went to clearance and dropped in price. The most notable one I can think of is the 2 pack of Ridgid drywall screw guns for $79. Real good deal since each individual gun sells for $86. Besideds that the Dewalt Lithiums should be rolling into the stores (mine already has them).

Comment

Originally posted by amcnerl View Post
            I was in an HD store here in New Mexico earlier today and bought a Bosh 1/4 sheet sander for $29.99, regular price $49.99. I think thats a fairly good deal. I also picked up a Proter Cable pin nailer for $99.00, regular price $129.99 I think. Wasn't in the market for either but couldn't pass it up.
            I picked up a 16 gauge,an 18 gauge air nailer, and a air stapler off of eBay for $50 each, brand new....

Comment

I finally got to Home Depot this evening. Nothing here either.

Ok, here's my theory: They couldn't have the markdowns ready for today because they would have had to prepare them on Christmas Eve since they were closed on Christmas Day. Everybody knows they are too busy on Christmas Eve for something like that. Of course, what was I thinking? So I'm NOW thinking they will start the markdowns tomorrow or Friday (he says with fingers crossed).

I told the wife that I didn't want anything for Christmas because I wanted to raid Home Depot for the blowout deals after Christmas. If this doesn't happen I'll be going to Harbor Freight for the 150 pack of screwdrivers for $1.49 just to save face.

Comment

We didnt have anything special. Id say it really depends on what yo store set up for a Christmas display. One year we had another complete area that was set up almost like the regualar tool corral. We started tearing that down on Christmas Eve day and we were pretty much playing Monte Hall with the tools. Since then our store has calmed down on the display and not had as many things out for customers to play with.

With the drywall screwguns we have to write 2 pack on each box. Otherwise customers had been buying the 2 pack and returning them separately without receipts and getting in store credit for the full price of 1
                Last edited by Orange Apron; 12-27-2007, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
                  I picked up a 16 gauge,an 18 gauge air nailer, and a air stapler off of eBay for $50 each, brand new....
                  I already have an 18 guage brad nailer and a stapler, been considering the 23 gauge pinner and felt that $99 was a decent price. Most everywhere else it's around $129. I don't buy much from eBay, I'm still not to comfortable with the process.

Later...
                  If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
                    We didnt have anything special. Id say it really depends on what yo store set up for a Christmas display. One year we had another complete area that was set up almost like the regualar tool corral. We started tearing that down on Christmas Eve day and we were pretty much playing Monte Hall with the tools. Since then our store has calmed down on the display and not had as many things out for customers to play with.
                    No, these weren't display models that I scored on last year. They were all NIB. I scored the Ridgid 4 piece 18v kit for $239, the Ridgid finish nailer, brad nailer, 9.6v screwdriver combo for $119 and the Twin Stack oil-lube jobsite compressor for $239 (I think), normally $299. They just had some ridiculous deals on select items and it varied at the different local Home Depot stores. I have 5 stores nearby, so I checked them all. It seems to me that it was excess stock that they were just trying to blow out before January 1st. After January 1st, everything went back to normal price.

Comment

The R937 24v MaxSelect Starter Kit is now a lot cheaper. It started off at $199 then dropped to $149 and today it's a more reasonable price of $111. I know that these things did not ever move off the shelves around here. If it drops again, I'll buy. This price puts it at what you find on ebay for the 24v battery and the charger.

Comment

I forgot to add that the AF2100 Jobsite Air Filtration System is now $69. Down from $99.

Comment

saw a PC laminate trimmer for $69 down from $99 here in westchester, 30 mins north of NYC.
                          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                            saw a PC laminate trimmer for $69 down from $99 here in westchester, 30 mins north of NYC.
                            I bought that one today! I was needing another motor to go with my triple base kit so I jumped on that.
                            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Looks like they aren't doing it like they did last year. What a shame. I'm blaming it on the new C.E.O. What a pud!

Comment

Working...
                              X